ItWorks!

Options
Has anyone ever used these products? If so what did you use and what were your results. I got some in hopes that it might lighten my stretch marks from the kiddos. I've lost a lot of weight but my skin is still lose on my tummy and now my stretch marks show more.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Has anyone ever used these products? If so what did you use and what were your results. I got some in hopes that it might lighten my stretch marks from the kiddos. I've lost a lot of weight but my skin is still lose on my tummy and now my stretch marks show more.

It's temporary, lol... it will only help reduce water weight.. there was thread on it recently. If you want to tighten skin.. I would suggest a moderate deficit and weight training as well as high protein.
  • DTetz
    DTetz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have been working on toning and have been doing the protein bars and drinks thing lately. I'm more worried about the reducing stretch marks then the losing inches. I can lose the inches on my own Lol.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Use the "search" function. ;)
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I have been working on toning and have been doing the protein bars and drinks thing lately. I'm more worried about the reducing stretch marks then the losing inches. I can lose the inches on my own Lol.

Toning is just a fancy word for cutting fat. If you are doing more than 6-10 reps, I would change that. High weight/ low rep is the best thing for cutting fat. Also, give it time. It may take a year to help loose skin issues, especially if you lost a lot of weight quickly. Now if you still have trouble, then do a bulk phase to gain muscle to fill in your skin. Sometimes if you don't have enough muscle to support your skin, then it's hard to get rid off the skin looseness.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Idk how long ago you lost your weight but doctors generally recommend maintaining your new weight for at least 2yrs for your skin to shrink back. For some people the skin goes back, and for others not so much. In regards to the stretch marks, nothing short of surgery will remove them. The lotions/oils on the market only help them fade to that white color, rather than them being red/purple. I wouldn't waste money. However it is important to keep your skin moisturized so maybe look into lotions with Vitamin E and/or collagen elastin to keep your skin soft and well moisturized.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

Toning is just a fancy word for cutting fat. If you are doing more than 6-10 reps, I would change that. High weight/ low rep is the best thing for cutting fat.
    Really? State your sources please, bro-science doesn't count.
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options

I've used the wraps and several of the other It Works! products. People will tell you that it's just water weight, but you're actually encouraged to drink A LOT of water while using the wrap. It's actually detoxing your cells and the water helps flush all the toxins out of your body. I've had good, sustainable results from the wrap. With continued use it will tighten, tone, and firm the area you're using it and it definitely helps reduce stretch marks.
  • Buettner22
    Buettner22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey I did it for ****s and giggles and I lost several inches and actually kept them off! Granted Im trying to eat and workout like a good girl. So personal opinion yes they work to a certain point. The BAD thing about them is my workout friend tried it and broke out in this nasty rash all over her stomach. Shes had it for a week now, so if you do try it be cautious that it can potentially give you a nasty/itchy rash.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I did 3 wraps in a row and noticed a visible difference in the stretch marks on my stomach. The skin was tightened and much firmer.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    By in a row I mean 1 every 4th day...
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

I've used the wraps and several of the other It Works! products. People will tell you that it's just water weight, but you're actually encouraged to drink A LOT of water while using the wrap. It's actually detoxing your cells and the water helps flush all the toxins out of your body. I've had good, sustainable results from the wrap. With continued use it will tighten, tone, and firm the area you're using it and it definitely helps reduce stretch marks.

Warning! Warning! ItWorks salesperson at hand... Warning, Warning!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

It's temporary, lol... it will only help reduce water weight.. there was thread on it recently. If you want to tighten skin.. I would suggest a moderate deficit and weight training as well as high protein.

i agree with everything above ^^^^ but also would add vitamin E oil to your problem areas every evening. I have the same issues and vitamin E is helping to restore my skin's natural ability to get back to its smaller shape without having sagginess.
  • jocybee83
    Options

Warning! Warning! ItWorks salesperson at hand... Warning, Warning!

Yes, I sell it, but didn't direct anyone to a website. I was sharing my honest opinion and I wouldn't sell anything I don't believe in.
  • DTetz
    Options
    I did 3 wraps in a row and noticed a visible difference in the stretch marks on my stomach. The skin was tightened and much firmer.

3 wraps is what i ordered and I got the refining gel. I am not expecting a prefect stomach from using them I would just like to see some difference :) I am not getting my hopes up though and I am not trying to replace eating healthy or exercising I just would like to see a little tightening happening.
  • DTetz
    Options

i agree with everything above ^^^^ but also would add vitamin E oil to your problem areas every evening. I have the same issues and vitamin E is helping to restore my skin's natural ability to get back to its smaller shape without having sagginess.

Thank you, I will look into doing the vitamin E thing!
  • DTetz
    Options
    By in a row I mean 1 every 4th day...

This is what I plan on doing with the three I purchased
  • jocybee83
    Options
    You'll have to come back and let us know how it went.
  • psuLemon
    Options

Toning is just a fancy word for cutting fat. If you are doing more than 6-10 reps, I would change that. High weight/ low rep is the best thing for cutting fat.
    Really? State your sources please, bro-science doesn't count.

I will have to make a update to my recommendation base dont the results below. Previously, I was under that impression that high weight, low rep was better but as long as it's less than 15 reps, it doesn't matter too much in terms of fat loss. In fact, both sets of weight training is effective, high weight / low rep to improve fast twitch (power and strength) while low weight / high rep work slow twitch (endurance) muscle fibers.

http://www.builtlean.com/2012/07/19/high-reps-vs-low-reps/