Replies

• flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    "it is what it is".
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    When somebody means "once in a while" but they say/write "once and a while."
  • lrlnss
    lrlnss Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand hearing or seeing "hella" or "FML".

"Hella" is just stupid and "FML" is so negative like the person is saying "I give up on my entire life".
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    The two most common phrases used by athletes when asked a question: "It is what it is" and "Most definitely." Both of them drive me crazy.

"Unthaw" - it's not a word, stop using it.

"Disorientated" - also not a word. I had to stop watching Man vs. Wild years ago because the guy said it so often it ruined whatever enjoyment I might have received in viewing the program.

"Ironic" when you should use the word "coincidental." The two words do not have the same meaning.

"Hella" - I really hate this one, especially when it comes out of the mouth of someone my age or older.
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    SWAG

nom nom

delectable

poignant

and all teaching acronyms...UGH!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    "Seriously?" I so hate it when people say this. An ex-neighbor of mine would say this whenever he was drunk (and he was always drunk), so it gotto the point that when I hear this I just want to smack someone upside the head with a 2X4, or run my fingernails down a chalkboard.

Another is "It's all good!" - no it isn't!!!!!
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    "nom nom nom nom" WTF is that? thats so gay.. Cant you just say " bro, that was soo yummy.. fml, yolo."
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    "nom nom nom nom" WTF is that? thats so gay..

Depends on what they're om nomming.
  • sunnybug90
    Options
    "nom nom nom nom" WTF is that? thats so gay..

Depends on what they're om nomming.

^:laugh:
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    The word "crotch". Why?!? Makes me think of something itchy and unclean for some reason. What an ugly word.

I can't stand that word either.

Or panties.

Or crotchless panties.

That term straight up nauseates me...
  • Casshileman
    Options
    OMG I hate that!! I also hate Sammi and yummo! Sorry RR but we're adults not children watching your show. Bad enough she says it all the time now adults are saying it! I just want to slap them and her!!

I can not stand RR for that very reason!!! Not everything you make is that delicious!!
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    When people use the word "retard" as an insult. Being a mother of an intellectually disabled child it makes me want to SCREAM!

this one doesn't bother me as much as "special" ... call each other retard all you want, it is old and over used and as lost most of it's meaning now. But to say the someone is "special" or rides a "special" bus or goes to "special" classes ... that one makes me want to punch someone in the throat!

My kid is not "special", he is autistic, you *kitten*. GRRRRRRRR
  • AlissaFL
    AlissaFL Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Don't get all butt hurt! I'm a grown *kitten* man...I do what I wont ( want). I'm hung (meaning hungry). I done did that. Gotta get my hair did. My Boo or sorry Boo. My sexy man (when referring to her boyfriend or husband, every time she mentions him...and he is uglier than homemade soap). Just sayin' (usually following some judgmental comment). His self instead of Himself. Mater or tater instead of tomato or potato. The sto (store). It's Awesome! Bubba and sissy when talking about siblings. Making bank. Good money- I have no clue what dollar amount is equal to good money, so I really hate that phrase. Baller status- again, just stupid.

A phrase I do like though...Who lit the fuse on your tampon? I really feel that would work well for a male or a female.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    the only thing to fear is fear itself. sounds great, but actually makes 0 sense.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    "think outside the box" and "take it to the next level". Both are overused and are now seriously annoying.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Anywhoo.. and the other crap that goes with it. We will finger it out bleh bleh. In my opinion makes you sound like a complete imbecile.

Blood.. just like the way its said... lol i know silly and hard to explain
  • K_Smith86
    K_Smith86 Posts: 123
    Options
    and MFP specific: I HATE the phrase cardio bunny... only because when I run, I don't feel like a bunny. I feel like a fu@king cheetah about to take down an antelope for my dinner RAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRR!!

That made me laugh, thank you :)
    And yes, this thread is therapeutic, although I will admit that I have been guilty of using some of the phrases / terms.

Here is my list:
    -"Bro"
    -"YOLO"
    -"Axe" instead of ask.
    -Over use of any pet name, examples being "hun" or "sweetie" or "babe" or anything in relation to those. At my job, some people will call me one of the above names, and with some people, it is fine. With others, it makes my skin crawl and irritates me to the point where I want to smack them over the head with a 2x4.
    -"Retard / retarded" instead of using 'stupid'. I have a family member who is mentally disabled, and I find this offensive.
    -Improper use of the words "where vs were" , "there vs their vs they're". It really is not that difficult to get them right people.

There are many more, especially things that my boyfriend will say, but I have reached the point where I ignore them because they annoy me so much.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I would like to retire the phrase "It is what it is" once and for all and go back to saying "it can't be changed so don't worry about it."
    That's all it means anyway.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Bully. People use it for everyone they don't like. It's lost its true meaning these days.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    When people say "Can I...." and what they really mean is "May I...."