Success Leaves Clues!

Options
I heard that statement before and I wanted you “newMFPsters” to know how true that is here on MFP. I have lost close to 70lbs (32 of which are while on MFP) and I noticed that if I just notice things and pay attention that my path becomes easier. I weigh myself weekly, usually on the same day, and usually lose between 2 to 5 pounds. When I have gone 4 days out of the week and still don’t feel or don’t see any loss by midweek, I start to look back at what I have done in the past. This is very easy to do on MFP. I look at what I did prior to my last loss, were my calories at 1800, 1600, 1500, 1200, 1000 or 800? Did I exercise in the days leading up to a weigh in and, if so, how much and how often.

I know people say not to be obsessive about the scale, but it is a motivator for me, seeing that I lose each week. I love the positive reinforcement that I am heading in the right direction. After every, I believe it’s 10lbs, you can have your daily cals recalculated, which I do. I also use this as a time to try on shirts or pants that haven’t fit well in the past or not at all. It’s a kind of mini reward: down 10lbs, let’s see if this shirt fits better, etc.

I have struggled with how many calories to eat and how to get in my exercise to continue with forward movement in my goals. I have received great advice from MFP friends along the way and after 70 days, think I now have a good combination and understanding, while improving my health. It’s not all about the scale, but the positive reinforcement works for me. Just remember success in your journey, leaves clues in your own progress, you just need to find them. Good Luck, Steve!