New to this website, week #3 of Insanity!

Options
Hi guys, my name is Kari, 25 from Florida. Just graduated from college with my A.S. and I'm sitting for the boards for October or January as a Physical Therapist Assistant. Fitness is no new concept to me, but I have let myself go a little and I'm struggling to get the weight down a little and to get back in shape!!

...Hence the Insanity workout! I'm on week #3 as of today and going strong, loving the results and hoping to get back into running 5k's shortly thereafter (signed up for my first one back this month)! Hopefully from there run an 8k, 10 mile, etc and onward.

Is anyone else in Insanity now or has completed it? Always looking for more to add to my support system. I'm finally starting to really see results and not only feel them..

Good luck to all!

Also..trying to exchange this terrible profile picture of me which looks like a mugshot.

Replies

• Anu_mee13
    Options
    I did my fit test yesterday, so today is the first real day of the program for me. Any tips?
  • love_
    love_ Posts: 25
    Options
    Awesome girl! I have always admire those that took the insanity route. Its definitely not for everyone but for those that love a challenge. :)
  • webbkk
    webbkk Posts: 7
    Options
    Hmmm...first week is definitely the hardest to get through. I think you'll be most sore and tired that first week but by week two you should feel less sore and far more energetic!! So stick through the first week and it WILL get better.
    The only advice I have thus far is pretty basic --
    - Diet will account for a lot of your energy during this program so I would give the nutrition guide a look if you haven't already. Also, we take the "recovery formula" Syntha-6 after our workouts and mix it into homemade smoothies..I think it's done wonders for us in terms of muscle cramping, energy, muscle soreness, and rebuilding muscle tissue. And it's delicious (:
    - Also, I was getting really discouraged for awhile there because I felt I wasn't losing weight fast enough, but now by week 3 I am starting to really see results and just feel better overall.
    - I would recommend finding someone to work out with you if you can. I started with my boyfriend and I think we've both been a continuous source of inspiration for each other.
    - There will be days when you just don't feel like doing ANYTHING, but do what you can and get through and the next day will be better. Everyone has bad days (:
    - Wear appropriate footwear!!! My boyfriend works out barefoot and I get onto him all the time because that's an extremely easy way to injure yourself (low and behold he has feet and ankle problems now lol).

Most importantly, take time to drool over Shaun T shirtless..haha just kidding. (: But it doesn't hurt.

Good luck and I'd love to hear how it's coming along!! Hope any of this helps.
  • justSayn
    Options
    Wow! Insanity... You deserve props for that! I want to try it but not sure if I can. I'm finishing up my first 10 days of 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels and it has become much easier going into the second week. Good luck to you!

Also, I did this workout the first few days barefoot and I'm paying the price now. The tops of my feet are sore but I am wearing shoes now. Pushing through the pain.

Again,

Good luck :smile:
  • webbkk
    Options
    Thanks so much!! I think Insanity is def. more of a mental challenge then physical (though it is physically demanding). I totally think you could do it! I found a mantra on someones blog, "I pushed play everyday", and I think that was pretty fitting. The hardest part to any journey is the start. I haven't tried any of the Jillian Michaels workouts, though she's pretty fit so I'm sure those have to be no walk in the park either!

Good for you for pushing through, and good luck to you too! :happy:
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I've gotten halfway through the program both times. At the halfway point each time I have found out that I was pregnant and had to stop. It is now a running joke in my house that Insanity makes me fertile! hahaaha.

I did get excellent results from the program though. I built up a lot of endurance and muscle.
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    I am starting recovery week today of month 1. So if anyone would like, please add me. We can all use a little support and motivation along the way.
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 2nd week of the 2nd month! It's definitely insane, but I love it. It's the first workout I've done to really see results. I still have a while to go but it's been worth it!
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    On week six! keep up the good work. I've lost 3.5 inches off my waist so far!
  • baoneill29
    baoneill29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow! Insanity... You deserve props for that! I want to try it but not sure if I can. I'm finishing up my first 10 days of 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels and it has become much easier going into the second week. Good luck to you!

Also, I did this workout the first few days barefoot and I'm paying the price now. The tops of my feet are sore but I am wearing shoes now. Pushing through the pain.

Again,

Good luck :smile:
    My sister did that with Turbo Fire and broke a bone in her foot!! You could do Insanity too :smile:
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I did my 3rd fit test yesterday and start month 2 today - what a difference in what I can do from the beginning.
    You can add me as a friend if you like
  • mcdanielcypress
    Options
    I started Insanity last week. I was doing parts of the P90X about 6 months ago. Insanity is kicking my butt! I have been sore for a week but it is not as bad today as it was this time last week. I look forward to my weigh in and measurement next week.
  • webbkk
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats on making it this far (:
  • webbkk
    Options
    Wow!! You've made it super far..I hope to make it to month two but I guess one month at a time lol. Awesome job (:
  • love_
    Options
    Hmmm...first week is definitely the hardest to get through. I think you'll be most sore and tired that first week but by week two you should feel less sore and far more energetic!! So stick through the first week and it WILL get better.
    The only advice I have thus far is pretty basic --
    - Diet will account for a lot of your energy during this program so I would give the nutrition guide a look if you haven't already. Also, we take the "recovery formula" Syntha-6 after our workouts and mix it into homemade smoothies..I think it's done wonders for us in terms of muscle cramping, energy, muscle soreness, and rebuilding muscle tissue. And it's delicious (:
    - Also, I was getting really discouraged for awhile there because I felt I wasn't losing weight fast enough, but now by week 3 I am starting to really see results and just feel better overall.
    - I would recommend finding someone to work out with you if you can. I started with my boyfriend and I think we've both been a continuous source of inspiration for each other.
    - There will be days when you just don't feel like doing ANYTHING, but do what you can and get through and the next day will be better. Everyone has bad days (:
    - Wear appropriate footwear!!! My boyfriend works out barefoot and I get onto him all the time because that's an extremely easy way to injure yourself (low and behold he has feet and ankle problems now lol).

Most importantly, take time to drool over Shaun T shirtless..haha just kidding. (: But it doesn't hurt.

Good luck and I'd love to hear how it's coming along!! Hope any of this helps.
  • love_
    Options
    Thanks so much for those tips! And sorry so late in replying. I just found out there's a way to keep track of those posts I've commented on. Haha. Thanks again!
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    Options
    Love Insanity! I am on my second round of it. Best of luck on it!
  • emilye72
    emilye72 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I haven't completed insanity. At the most I completed the first month, and then the second month looked too intense, so I got something new. Now I do it about once or twice a week when I feel bored with turbofire. I wish I could complete it, I just feel like I am going to die every time I do it! Lol. I love it and hate it!!
  • emilye72
    emilye72 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for those tips! And sorry so late in replying. I just found out there's a way to keep track of those posts I've commented on. Haha. Thanks again!

How?
  • love_
    Options
    You can click "my topics" link up at the top. I clicked it and it showed me the posts that I have commented on. lol pretty cool.