Water Consumption

Options
Since starting my diet, i'm went from consuming very little water to nothing BUT water. I've cut the sodas and sugary drinks out completely (and feels 100% better; a lot less bloated). I was wondering if you can consume too much water? I'm not drinking 4 gallons a day, but I find myself drinking quite a few bottles throughout the day; i'm drinkin 5-6 20 fl oz bottles. Just wanted to see what the consensus was on water consumption! Thanks!! :)

Replies

• BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    sounds about right.......I drink about 100 oz of water a day I think.
  • TheBiggestLosee
    Options
    This is a good question. Once upon a time, I used to drink a lot of Powerade (or Gatorade, not really picky,) Arizona Iced Teas, suga-free Kool-Aid and water. Now mostly water, but I'll have an occasional PA/GA because of the electrolytes. I love water! I don't keep track of how much I drink because whenever I drink some, I'll refill my bottle asap.

The only negative I've noticed is the urge to go to the bathroom every two hours or so.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Techinically you can get water poisoning but you would have to drink a lot, not go to the bathroom, not eat anything else, etc. It has happened in a few contests over the years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication