what is a good way to burn 762 calories ?

Options
Does anyone have a good way of burning 762 calories.

Replies

• tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    Does anyone have a good way of burning 762 calories.
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Spin class! It's a butt kicker!

Not sure that you'll burn quite that much, but you'll definitely be on your way.
  • sdiessner
    Options
    Spin is great! Shape Magazine had an article on running and stated you could burn up to 700 calories running for 60 minutes.
  • stizzef
    stizzef Posts: 39
    Options
    You could try going skiing or snowboarding - three hours will burn over 1000 calories!
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    Tae Bo!!! I burn over 600 calories in 45 min! Of course everything depends on your weight, but Tae Bo is definitely a big calorie burner!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Curious, why 762? why not 760 or 770? It's just that it seems like such a random number.

BTW, 40 minutes on the treadmill at about 7 mph should get you close to that, if not over it. I know for 30 I get about 550 cals so...
  • utopia28
    utopia28 Posts: 1
    Options
    What is a spin class?
    sms
  • tiangelah
    Options
    in order for me to loose a pound a week i need to burn 762 exercise calories a day.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    a stationary biking class...they are great!....you go on sort of a virtual bike trek....w/ music and an instructor....I haven't taken one in forever but they were killer work outs.
    :wink:
    Ali
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    kickboxing for an hour = 800 calories
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Tae Bo idea.
    Great workout and you do burn a whole lot of cals.
    I don't think you have to try to burn that many cals in one workout... cut it in half and choose when you it's best for you to do.
    ~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Swimming - 37 minutes - 772 calories

breast stroke
    treading water, fast,vigorous
    freestyle, fast vigorous
  • banks1850
    Options
    wow, really? Did you mean your deficite needs to be 762 calories a day?
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I'm curious about the calories also, that's very specific.

Anyway, on my elliptical I can burn 600 in about 35 minutes, 700 in 45, and 800 in an hour or less.
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    What is a spin class?
    sms

Spin is a sort of slang word for stationary bike. Spin class includes an instructor and your intervals are choreographed to music. It's a whopping workout.

Also, the "bikes" (no wheels) have adjustable resistance. So you can make it feel like you're biking up a hill... or a whole darn mountain.
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :wink:

Play nine holes of golf and pull your clubs... Or walk with someone who plays golf if you don't. Depending on your weight you'll lose 500-700 calories (play 18 to lose more), get plenty of fresh air and sunshine and hopefully have some fun!
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    Burning 760+ cals every day is not a realistic goal......you should be paying attention to the net calories for the day. Your height and starting weight are just about the same as mine, and I had a daily target of 1200 cals a day. I lost 16 lbs in under 10 wks.
  • tiangelah
    Options
    Burning 760+ cals every day is not a realistic goal......you should be paying attention to the net calories for the day. Your height and starting weight are just about the same as mine, and I had a daily target of 1200 cals a day. I lost 16 lbs in under 10 wks.

Well it said I need to burn an exta 760 cals a day to loose 1 pound a week. So far I have been burning 300-500 a day. Not including strength training. I dont know how the heck you lost 16 pounds in a week. I barely can inch out 1 and I eat enough calories and work out alot.
  • banks1850
    Options

Well it said I need to burn an exta 760 cals a day to loose 1 pound a week. So far I have been burning 300-500 a day. Not including strength training. I dont know how the heck you lost 16 pounds in a week. I barely can inch out 1 and I eat enough calories and work out alot.

right, that means deficite. not just the exercise calories. In other words, take your maintenance calories (what you would burn if you just went about your normal life with no exercise.) Add to that any exercise calories(if you exercised that day). this is the total calories you need to eat to stay the same size on THAT day. Subtract 762 calories from that, and there is what you can have that day to get the 1 lb a week.

take me for example.

my maintenance calories is 2750 (about)
    add the 350 exercise calories I did yesterday, and the total is 3100 calories.
    3100 is what I needed to eat yesterday to stay at maintenance weight.
    If I wanted to loose 1 lb a week, yesterday I would have tried to eat 2338 calories.

NOTE: this isn't realistic for everyone. If you are a much smaller person, subtracting that many calories from your daily could be dangerous. I.E. if your maintenance is only like 1500, then obviously, 762 is probably too much, unless your doctor is giving you a plan.

I hop this clears it up a little.
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    Dance Dance Revolution in workout mode for 30 min. Burns about 600 something. :smile: