Belly Dancing Tapes

Options
Has anyone used any belly dancing dvd's for exercise?
How did you like them?
Are there any that you would recommend? or that are downloadable?

Thanks!

Replies

• Hecate3000
    Options
    Time Warner has exercise on demand and they have a belly dancing channel.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I didn't use a tape, but yesterday I found a show on the Fit channel on DirecTv and it was awesome!! It's called Shimmy. they start out with some quick stretches, go over steps and then put it together in a dance. You have so much fun it flies by.. too bad for darn commercials, but yay for DVR and the ability for fast forward, at my current weight of 160 for approx. 20 min of it (minus the stretching) I burn just over 100 calories according to sharkpeople.com I'd compare the show to a fast paced yoga, it works your core arms and legs! feel the burn! lol It's great fun and for me it boosts my self sex appeal. Now I just need one of those pretty outfits... perhaps when my tummy looks like theres. lol
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I agree with mamaturner about Shimmy... it is fun - slow enough pace to know that you're doing it correctly and yet you feel the burn!

Side note: Congrats mamturner on 6 days without smoking!!!! That's another battle for me on another day.
  • chellbroom
    Options
    Thanks for the feed back. We have Dish network but can't find anything on their channels. But my DH is hooking up the computer to our bigscreen in our bedroom so I can do it in private until I feel comfortable doing it :).
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I looove Belly Dance, but I find that it's not very cardiovascular. If you want to get a good and sweaty workout, you probably won't get it doing Belly Dance. That being said, I do have a DVD about Belly Dance fundamentals which is more like a strength training workout, that's really really tough.