I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
So My first big goal for my self was to be in the 230's When I started MFP I was 251 pounds. I have been regularly active, AND I have been doing the special k challenge for a week..I weighed myself today (i used to do it every day and get disappointed, now just once a week) I weigh 239.6!! I am so stoked to be out of the 250 and 240s...the challenge really does help and I dont feel like im starving! I feel so much more motivation now!!

omg =):bigsmile:

Replies

• Sabs_21
    Sabs_21 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the hard work. :)
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • monaann
    Options
    Awesome!!! Very happy for you!
  • Susiekp
    Susiekp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!!! :smile:
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep it up!
  • evilras
    evilras Posts: 42
    Options
    Well done!!

But you did fail the number 1 rule! Dont weigh yourself every day!!! once a week, or once a fortnight is best. always at the same time of day. So every saturday morning for instance. I can go from 253 to 236 in a day with natural fluctuations!! Which is crazy!

Good luck with it! And keep it up! 2010 is the year to get fit and keep fit!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! :flowerforyou: Being a "loser" is a great feeling, isn't it?! :laugh:
    Keep on doing what you're doing, and before you know it, you WILL be at your final goal! :wink: :smile:
  • spoiled12976
    Options
    Congratulations that is so great !! I am so happy for you. You and others on here have shown me that it can be done. Keep up the awesome work !!!!!

382419.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Congrats on the weight loss and not weighing every day! It is SO hard not to weigh every day!:flowerforyou:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    WTG girl keep up the great work!!!
  • samanthalynne21
    samanthalynne21 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I know its only 11 pounds and I have a long way to go , But to see 23? is awesome! woo hoo lol..
  • lynndsmith
    Options
    weight 2-Go :flowerforyou:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    congrats and before you know it you will be a skinny minnie hottie :happy:
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Gosh..you dont look nothing over 150 now!! your photo is gREAT! I had to call my husband over to look at your pictures because I thought maybe I wasnt seeing something...you look great and you look thin!
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Great Job Samantha!!!!! You should feel so proud of yourself!!

Also- Am I seeing something wrong? Your ticker says your goal is to loose 78 pounds? But you said you started at 150? Did I miss something and am having a "blonde" moment? =( Or is your goal weight really to be 79 pounds? :embarassed:
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    Well done!!

But you did fail the number 1 rule! Dont weigh yourself every day!!! once a week, or once a fortnight is best. always at the same time of day. So every saturday morning for instance. I can go from 253 to 236 in a day with natural fluctuations!! Which is crazy!

Good luck with it! And keep it up! 2010 is the year to get fit and keep fit!

How is that the number 1 rule? I hate when people say you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday. Yes, your weight will fluctuate and you will NOT lose weight everyday but that doesn't mean you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday. Everyone is different and I like weighing myself everyday. I use it as a guide. If my weight goes up I think "did I eat something I shouldn't have? Let's try to do better today" If you only weigh yourself every two weeks and all of a sudden your weight is up by 6 pounds or something you will have to do a lot of work to fix it. But if you would have been weighing yourself everyday or even every few days you could have prevented that gain. I think you should RECORD your weight every week or so but you should get on the scale at least every few days. You should not get frustrated with the scale though. If you go up then that's more motivation to do better that day. The scale should not be looked at as an enemy, it should be your friend.

Sorry to go off on a rant but it just really frustrates me when I see you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday. You shouldn't get frustrated by the weight you see everyday (unless it continues to go up, then you may have a problem). Congratulations to the original poster!!!!!!
  • DawnaML
    Options
    :smile: I am so excited for you! Yopu go girl!
  • DawnaML
    Options
    I totally agree...I used to weigh myself EVERYDAY...then because friends said I shouldn't...I started to weigh myelf once a week...now I am up almost 25 lbs! When I weighed myself daily, I was accountable to what I ate for the day and I didn't go up in weight. I just joined this sight...and I am going back to weighing in daily, whether I see a loss daily or not, at least I will have control if I weigh in daily! Thank you for going off on a rant. I am right there with you!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It is a great feeling to even lose a little it makes you want to keep trying, keep your head up, and i know the feeling about not getting on the scale every day it is hard,, thats a challenge in it self
  • wmchick81
    wmchick81 Posts: 273
    Options
    Gosh..you dont look nothing over 150 now!! your photo is gREAT! I had to call my husband over to look at your pictures because I thought maybe I wasnt seeing something...you look great and you look thin!

Is that an old photo? I agree that there is no way that photo can be over 200 or even over 150 like was said above. I was also confused. Is that a current picture??
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!