My weight loss secret... pork rinds

Options
Ok, my real secret is using MFP, but I have found a great solution to one of my biggest problems - crazy 5:30 hunger, which often caused me to scarf a bowl of cereal after work. Now, however, I eat some microwavable pork rinds at 4:00 and I'm good until dinner. Now, the substantial protein in these is useless, but that's ok. They fill me up with only 60 calories, two grams of fat and 177 mg of sodium. I just made some for a coworker who was trying to convince herself not to get chips out of the snack machine. Now, I introduce them to you.

CGN_PorkRindPackageJalapeno.jpg

Replies

• quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I've never seen these things in the store. My husband would probably love these. Where did you buy them?
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Amazon. All sorts of flavors!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Boo, can't find them on Amazon Uk
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Yummy! In the Philippines, they are referred to as Chicharron and they are a great snack!
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    :love: Dear lord!
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Yummy! In the Philippines, they are referred to as Chicharron and they are a great snack!

Pork Rinds and Chicharrons are actually two different things. Chicharrons have more meat, pork rinds are all skin.
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    sounds good...are they hard like chicarrons?
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I always imagined pork rinds were fully of fat...definitely have to try these now I know they aren't.

Thanks.

Edit to say: Just realised I'm thinking of pork scratchings...
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    mmmm cracklins

I was visiting my cousin's farm once and we rendered some pig fat & one of the resulting foods was cracklin's. They were delicous. I think they are the same thing you call Chicharrones.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Oh yes.
  • cncrafton
    cncrafton Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    How funny…growing up I would know if my mom had started a new diet based on pork rinds showing up in the pantry.

I do like the taste from time to time, but I just can't think about what they really are. Blegh.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I always imagined pork rinds were fully of fat...definitely have to try these now I know they aren't.

Thanks.

Edit to say: Just realised I'm thinking of pork scratchings...
    I love me some scratchings. The rinds look amazing, wish I could get them here.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds are awesome. I love having a salty snack that reminds you of potato chips, but is high in protein. I use pork rinds as a binder for my meatloaf and it is amazing. It seasons it so well.
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    :noway:

... i just... no way i could ever eat those....
  • Cyncham
    Cyncham Posts: 39
    Options
    My whole family would love these! I've never even see the microwave kind. Gonna have to check them out! Thanks for the share!!
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    I have heard and seen pork rinds but never microwave kind. Thanks for the interesting snack idea.
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    Ok, my real secret is using MFP, but I have found a great solution to one of my biggest problems - crazy 5:30 hunger, which often caused me to scarf a bowl of cereal after work. Now, however, I eat some microwavable pork rinds at 4:00 and I'm good until dinner. Now, the substantial protein in these is useless, but that's ok. They fill me up with only 60 calories, two grams of fat and 177 mg of sodium. I just made some for a coworker who was trying to convince herself not to get chips out of the snack machine. Now, I introduce them to you.

CGN_PorkRindPackageJalapeno.jpg
    Well check that out... wow. That works. I always suggested popcorn in the respect.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Old thread.. but didn't wanna start a new one on pork rind. I was looking for high fat low carb snack and came across this and ordered some off Amazon.. now waiting for my package. Anyone has good brands to recommend?
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I have Lowrey's Microwave Bacon flavored Pork Rinds. Really good, found them on Ebay.
  • cassig13
    cassig13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You have watch the sodium its pretty high.