Calories Burned Doing Strengthing Activies

Options
How do I find out the number of calories that I am burning when I do things that are not listed under exercise? Such as crunches, sit ups, sqats? Can anyone help?

Replies

• AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I wear my heart rate monitor during my strength exercises, so I can see all of that information and keep my HR up!
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I wear my heart rate monitor during my strength exercises, so I can see all of that information and keep my HR up!
    1) HRM does not accurately read calories from strength training

2) Your goal of strength training is to do maximal resistance loads, NOT keep your heart rate up. Your heart rate has a very small correlation to strength training and should basically be ignored... Strength training does not use energy systems that rely on heart rate to give energy.
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options

1) HRM does not accurately read calories from strength training

2) Your goal of strength training is to do maximal resistance loads, NOT keep your heart rate up. Your heart rate has a very small correlation to strength training and should basically be ignored... Strength training does not use energy systems that rely on heart rate to give energy.

Thanks for the reply - I know that it's not the same, but otherwise how would you answer the original question?
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I usually log it under Calisthenics.