5'8 Mom of 2 - 53 pounds down

Options
jfrankic
jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
I'm still a work in progress, but this picture made me realize how far I've come!! For the first time in years, I am not avoiding the camera...and I actually like what I see in the photo. YEAH NSV!! Scale victory is that I hit 50 pounds lost on Saturday.

I'm 5'8 and topped the scale at 257 several years ago. After having both of my children, I was about 240. I got down to 190 between pregnancies and was 233 when I joined MFP in January 2012.

I had lost about 25 pounds from Jan - May of this year and thought I was doing really great, so I slacked off (hence....first photo below). Then reality..... I've been working out 5x a week since this first picture was taken in May 2012. I saw it and couldn't believe I looked like this...on my anniversary trip with my husband!! So, I kicked it in gear and started working out and eating much healthier. Also, I started a four week Turbo Jam program in August and am currently in my fourth week of Insanity.

From Jan until August, I had been eating about 1600 calories a day + eating my exercise calories back. I've changed my mindset about "eating back." I now eat 2,000 calories a day, even on rest days. I started doing this about two months ago because I read a thread on here that made so much sense: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717565-in-place-of-a-road-map . Then I started Insanity, and I calculated my calorie intake based on their diet plan and the numbers were basically identical. Dan (IPOARM) knows what he's talking about. So, new thinking.....doing Insanity.....broke a month long plateau.

I'm about 29% body fat and my goal is to get to 24-25%. So that might be 10-15 pounds, not sure so I will have to see after Insanity.

So, the pictures..... First one is from the end of May 2012. The second one is from last night, Sept. 30. My husband does not verbally gush over my weight loss. He tells me that he loves me at any weight and that will never change. Yes, he is a wonderful man. His hands, however, have more to say. :blushing:

Before the pix.....I started this journey to treat my body better and glorify God. I am getting fit for Jesus because I love Him and He lives in me.

WP_000460.jpgWP_001241-2.jpg

Replies

• jbates514
    Options
    You look beautiful. Congratulations.:flowerforyou:
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    Imma say it again, J.

FANTABULOUS!!!!!!!!!

If someone can't be inspired from reading your story and seeing the change, then I don't know what it'll take to get them moving! If I wasn't already on my journey, I'd surely be inspired to get up and get goin.

Soooooo proud of how far you've come and I can't wait to see that final picture in a few more weeks!!! <3

Erica
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    OMG! You look wonderful. Congratulations.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Your beautiful girl. Job well done and keep going strong..
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Fantastic.
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Amazing. I'm also a 5'8 mom of two but I don't look like you yet. Gives me something to stive for lol.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Wow!
    Stunning!
  • CayleyRidgeRunner
    CayleyRidgeRunner Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Simply fantastic! Way to go! You're looking wonderful and I'm betting you feel it, too!!!
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story and pictures...You look awesome and younger, wtg!!
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am 5'9 and hope to get to your size soon. :D You are beautiful!
  • travel4fun
    travel4fun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! I'm 5'9 and working toward getting down to 175. Hoping to get back in my wedding dress after 15 years! You look fabulous and should be very proud. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Glamazon511
    Glamazon511 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great Work, Inspiring, and Well Said!!! Your are doing AWESOME at taking care of your temple!!!
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing, congrats!
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Great job! I live in Evansville too!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look fabulous
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and find it very inspriting that with 2 kids you can 'get it done! Great journey!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You look GR8T!!! Wat an AWESOME storey/testimony :):):)
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    Your looking great girl, well done.
    But your hubby seems to have gained a few lbs. .......lol
    :laugh:
    :laugh:
    :drinker:
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You're very pretty. Well done!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    now your a hottie
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!