Help with Goals

Options
I want to set some goals.. and have them split in increments of 50lbs.. but how do I know a realistic time frame?

Current weight is 290... next goal is 250... next is 200 and next goal is 153...

What are realistic time frames for each?

Replies

• rrlucero
    Options
    Depending on your daily calorie intake vs. your daily exercise and how much calories you are burning, I would suggest a weekly goal of weight loss. For me, I'm working on 10lb increments per month. That averages between 2-3lbs a week which is working out well so far based on how much I'm eating vs. how much I'm working out everyday.

From your ticker, it looks like you've already lost some significant weight already - congratulations! Whatever you are doing seems to be working. You may want to look into heart rate workouts if you feel you've hit a plateau (I did this about 20lbs ago and elevating my heart rate 2-3 times a week really did help).

I find for myself if I take it in 10lb chunks, it doesn't seem to be as ominous looking at the bigger picture. Also, there will be more "little" victories as I go.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    i would set some smaller targets, say 5, 10, 15 or 20 pounds so you can look forward to each goal and they dont seem so far away

i think between 1-2 pounds a week would be a safe bet :drinker:
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I have found that exactly when the pounds come off is not always under my control. So my weight loss goals are not for a time period. A goal might be to get to a certain weight but I have no timeframe for when it has to happen.

I set other goals instead such as are listed in my signature. Things like how often I exercise, how much water I drink, how healthy I eat.