Can't Lift Weights

Options
I had an accident (got hit by a car on my bike) a month or so ago and injured my shoulder. It's getting better but it still hurts and I can't lift heavy weights without pain and so I stopped because I don't want to injure it further. I still bike to work, around 70km (43 miles) a day, so I get plenty of cardio but I'm a little bit scared that I won't be able to get rid of the rest of my stomach fat without lifting heavy weights. That's my main goal right now. Is it possible to acheive this with diet and cardio alone or does anyone have any suggestions on how I can acheive my goals with a hurt right shoulder?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Just maintain your calorie deficit. Keep riding your bike as long as it doesn't hurt. But until the pain in your shoulder subsides, don't lift. Sure, it will slow down your progress, but it's not like you're going backwards. We all have injuries that keep us out of the gym for much longer than we like. The important thing is to not rush back and reinjure yourself. Just make sure you don't start overeating and bide your time till you can get back in there.