I'm afraid if i start eating healthy....

Options
2»

Replies

• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Her profile says she wants to be "anorexic skinny". The only advice she should be receiving is to see a professional.

^^ This

Not a lot to go on here, but your attitude towards food does not seem healthy.
    Please do seek professional help.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I read your page, because other people were commenting about it.
    If it is true, I think you need to see someone that can help with the image you have of yourself. I don't think you should worry about your diet right now.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    This has got to be one of the saddest things I have read on MFP. You poor thing, you're only 21! All that youth and potential being wasted on this stupid ish. Please seek professional help.
  • Coming4U
    Coming4U Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think you sould talk to a doctor, nutrition expert etc to help you past some faulty thinking as it relates to foodl You must also get real with yourself and be commited to being healthy not just skinny.
  • tracyjoys
    tracyjoys Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Trying to remain kind and helpful here. First, congratulations on your weight loss and your decision that you were worth it.

Creating a healthy relationship with food may help demystify things for you. It's okay that up to this point you've gotten this far, and it sounds like you recognize it's not a great choice for your ongoing lifestyle Otherwise you wouldn't be reaching out here, right?

Like others have said, it's probably time to take the next step and employ the help of a physician. They may suggest a counselor to help you mentally deal with the change in relationship with food, your self-image, etc. They may also suggest a nutritionist to help you create a healthy eating plan that is sustainable.

Diet coke and junk food are definitely not sustainable. Evidenced by your skin's condition and the hair loss. You are young - now's the time to get things straight for the long haul. One step at a time - with self-love and determination along the way!

Best of luck!
  • MrsSized
    Options
    Ok... let's be real. Not all goals need to be deep and meaningful. I don't have it on my profile, but I'd like to be a size zero too (albeit that will never happen I'm build like a lady linebacker), I'd like long princess hair, flawless skin, and maybe a nip tuck later in life. Aren't we also here cause we want to be hotties? Healthy, of course, but we don't come looking for weight loss because we just feel unhealthy. No, nine times out of ten we feel disgusting and hideious.... and after that sluggish and tired.

Maybe she's just being honest. Not everything has to be uplifting and inspirational.

AFTER THAT..... here's my two cents. I took a look at your food diary, and yeah you kind of eat like a college boy living in a dorm. You could stand for a real veggie here and there. Not saying go full monty and break all your habits today- start small and just add food in you KNOW if good for you. And if it makes you feel better keep taking that multi. Your not making yourself sick. When's the last time you heard of vitamin poisoning? Eat some fruit, some oats, whatever you find that you like. There's fast healthy food, too. I'm the queen of hating to prepare ANYTHING. I eat a lot of apples, yogurt, pre-washed veggies, kashi bars, string cheese, ect. Easy peasy and no prep. Rarely do I eat a "real meal".

Now that's we've touched base on that.... eating better foods will dramatically help your skin and hair. DRAMATICALLY. There is a reason esthetisions learn nutrition in school.... because it's all one big link. I notice a massive difference in my skin when I've spent a couple weeks eating "bad foods" vs "good foods". My forehead looks conjested, my nose fills up with sexy blackheads... but it clears right up when I start putting the right stuff in. Think: beauty from the inside out. Also, water water water. Your skin LOVES water. Flavor it with crystal light if it's not your thing. Just get it in there.

We all want to look good. Let's just be honest. No judgement there. And yeah, if you struggle with nutrition perhaps seek the help of a nutritionist to steer you in the right direction and keep you grounded. Maybe now that you've hit your weight loss goals, make the next one improving your health.