In the 5 months leading up to my wedding....

Options
Wow, I cannot believe I sit here today typing this success story.

5 months ago I was a mess. I was seeing a psychologist who was great to talk to, but didn't HELP me the way I wanted him to. I wanted to be fixed. I wanted a cure, but I found there wasn't one. If I wanted to change, I had to change myself.

See, I had gone my whole life hating myself. I was teased severely as a kid about my weight, and it made me have serious self esteem issues. They are by NO MEANS gone now. I struggle with my self image every single day, I am obsessive compulsive about my weight and I obsess of the thoughts people may have about me, but I can tell you, I have won a serious battle I have always faced, which is learning to love myself and deciding I am worth it.

I started on MFP back in April. I looked in the mirror one day and just kept thinking about how much I hated myself. I knew I was getting married in October to the man of my dreams and I, in all seriousness, looked at him and asked him why he would marry a fat girl like me? He said he loved me and thinks I am beautiful, but honestly, I didn't believe him at all. I wanted too though, so I decided that if I don't like the way I am, I will change it. He all ready loved me, so the problem obviously wasn't him, it was my negative attitude about MYSELF.

In May I started doing POWER90. I lost 30 pounds with Power90. I am now doing Insanity and have lost another 10. A total of 40 pounds in 5 months. I want to lose another 20-30, but I am SOO proud of the accomplishments I have made this far.

My original goal was to lose 15-20 pounds before my wedding. I surprised everyone, but most importantly, MYSELF by kicking butt and losing 40! My wedding is in 3 days and I couldn't be prouder!

First pic is my starting weight, and then a week ago 40 pounds lighter.

9-17-comparison_zps08634d58.jpg

This is me yesterday in the dressing room

me150pounds.jpg

Replies

• holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I am so proud to be your MFP friend! I have gathered bits and pieces, but to hear your story and determination....YOU ARE AMAZING!!! You car the ultimate inspiration that anyone, no matter how discouraged and self loathing can change. Thank you foe posting, and oh, BTW, YOU LOOK AMAZING! :heart:
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    awesome results
  • lsprik
    lsprik Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!! You must feel better on the inside and on the outside. Great accomplishment! Congrats on your wedding. Enjoy every second of your special day.:heart:
  • laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for so many reasons -- loving yourself, exacting the changes you had wanted and hoped to achieve, and of course your upcoming WEDDING DAY! I will celebrate my 25th this coming May, and I wish you all the happiness in the world with the man of your dreams!
  • rhvandan
    rhvandan Posts: 185
    Options
    I wish I could say I had no idea what you're talking about, but I've been there with you. The weight becomes a wall from the things that could be... keeps you from having to wonder what if, because you can feel secure that no one will bother with you...
    I sadly, did not lose weight before my wedding, and now I will always have those pictures as my memories of that day, but I have lots of years left and lots of occasions where I CAN look good, and I'm going to.

You look absolutely spectacular, quite a beautiful person inside and out. Feel proud, feel happy, feel deserving.
    Enjoy your wedding and many happy years! (I am coming up on 10 years as of Nov 1st. :smooched: )

Love love and wedding bells
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    So glad that you have found the beauty that is not only on the outside but inside I can tell the way you feel thru your words...You look amazing...and nothing like determining you don't like what you see and do something about it...Congrats....on your accomplishment and your wedding...
  • Lizsullie
    Lizsullie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. Congrats and enjoy your wedding :)
  • IWantToNotSuck
    Options
    amazing story, and amazing emotional and physical success
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Tears! You are inspiring!
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! You are you going to be one beautiful bride!
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and I hope you have the wedding of your dreams!!
  • xoalyssaox
    Options
    You look wonderful and I hope you have the wedding of your dreams!!

Thanks sweetie! We are actually having a destination wedding in Gaitlinburg TN. I am a Floridian so I am so excited to go to TN for the first time :) I heard its beautiful ;)
  • garababy
    Options
    Amazing! You look great.
  • JennPrebs
    JennPrebs Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    omg this sounds like me to a tee.. except I am not getting married (yet :P) Ty for posting helps me keep going. You look great!
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wooohoooo!
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You look great, and i'm happy that you exceeded your goal. ENJOY YOUR WEDDING DAY!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Fightin2GetFit
    Fightin2GetFit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Alyssa, Thanks so much for sharing your story! I too have struggled with my weight and the way that I look at myself. It is wonderful to see that you were able to have such success! You will make a beautiful bride! I don't know you but I am very proud of you! Congrats on the wedding! - Susan
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look incredible!!
  • ZTazlor
    ZTazlor Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this story, I trust that your wedding day will be absolutely SPECTACULAR! You are so gorgeous, well done.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! Congratulations!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!