Who has turned on the heat??

Options
I live in South East Michigan. Our nights have been pretty cool, we got frost last Thursday night. In other parts of Michigan has gotten frost since and we are expecting more cool temps later in the week.

This was the topic of our family this weekend of who has turned on the heat. Inside our house has gotten down to 65 degrees (this morning), it was cold but not enough for me to turn on the heat.

So, has it been cold enough where you are to turn on the heat???

Replies

• angrybird15
    Options
    Today is 98 degrees in Vegas, I have lived here 4 years and never used my heat. But my AC is still set to 70 :)
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    100 here in Phoenix. I'll be glad when I need to turn on the heat.
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    its around 80 here in northern california :/
    i want fall weather
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Iowa....I'm always cold, so even in 100 degree weather no AC running....

Yes I've turned on the heat, just first thing in the AM to bring the temp in the house up to 68-70 then turn it off cause the days are nice enough that it stays there.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    We haven't turned the heat on in our house in Illinois but it's been a bit chilly in the mornings if we leave windows open. But, we are leaving to camp for 2 weeks and the high Sat is supposed to be 55 so I'm thinking we will be using the fireplace. Yep, a fireplace in my camper. We really rough it. lol
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    It's 106 outside my office building in Southern California ... where they hell is Fall already? lol
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Still have the AC on here in Florida. Swam in the pool today. But..... supposed to cool off tonight so don't know how much longer I'll be able to use the pool. :ohwell:
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    We used the heat for a few days. Then turned the air conditioning back on for a few. Now we're back to using the heat at night. And just for reference, our furnace is set to 68, and our air is set to 80. That's how wide the temperature jump has been.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Im in Chicago and its like 70 in the day time and cooler at nite. NOPE have not turned on heat. It's much too early.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    It's 106 in The Inland Empire today and tomorrow it will be a Brisk 107!!!! :devil:
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I thought this was going to a thread about something completely different !! Boooo !!!!!
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Florida here.. We don't even use the heat in our "winter" time.
  • BrewerFan2
    Options
    I'm in southern Wisconsin and it's been in the low 40's here at night and it's supposed to be in the maybe 60's during the day the next week or so. My husband and I like to see who can go the longest before we turn the heat on. We just moved to a new place this summer so we will have to see. We are on the first floor now and have underground heated parking beneath us, so I'm hoping that helps, but then again we have free heat so I may just be the first to turn it on this year, who knows. lol
  • BrewerFan2
    Options
    Dirty minds think alike!!!! lol
  • ndwyer0910
    ndwyer0910 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    :sick: Im in jersey and we are usually in the 60s during the day time already and at night we need some heat
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm in southern california and it has been too warm throughout the day. It gets a bit cooler at night, but not enough to turn on any heat. I sleep with the window open.
  • caoceanlover
    caoceanlover Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    100 degrees for the next two days in Sacramento, CA. I have the air conditioning and all the ceiling fans on at my house. We should be in the 80's this time of year. I like the warm weather, but it would be nice to have a fall. But, in Sacramento we rarely get a fall, we have to go to the Sierra Nevadas to see leaves change to yellow and red, the ones on my tree go from green, to dead and on the ground!
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options

102 in my area (N. Phoenix). The heat has been ON since May!
  • ndfaninaz
    Options

102 in my area (N. Phoenix). The heat has been ON since May!

Yep, Chandler checking in here - still have the a/c going.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    The high here was 15C (59F).