I'm stuck

Options
I really need some help here guys. I've been stuck for like three weeks now and I'm trying really hard not to give up. I've been working out almost everyday and really getting my heart rate up. I'm wondering if I'm eating too little. I usually eat 1200 calories a day and then some of my exercise calories, but I was reading that the biggest losers decide their calories by taking their goal weight and multiplying it by ten. If that's the case then I should be eating 1300 a day and not worrying about what I burn. Does anyone have any ideas? Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks and have a great day!!

Replies

• throughHisstrength
    Options
    I really need some help here guys. I've been stuck for like three weeks now and I'm trying really hard not to give up. I've been working out almost everyday and really getting my heart rate up. I'm wondering if I'm eating too little. I usually eat 1200 calories a day and then some of my exercise calories, but I was reading that the biggest losers decide their calories by taking their goal weight and multiplying it by ten. If that's the case then I should be eating 1300 a day and not worrying about what I burn. Does anyone have any ideas? Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks and have a great day!!
  • LauraLee
    LauraLee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Some recommend alternating caloric intake every two weeks. May help alleviate plateau. Two weeks at 1200 cal the next two weeks at 1500. Body adjusts to what ever you intake and starts to save fat when get limit calories. (back to cave man days survival).

The body adapts to exercise as well. CHange your routine every two weeks too to challenge the muscles and rev up the metabolism again. YOu must shock the body. (not to be confused with over working the body.) Try a week of cycling classes if you've been running...change the exercises you currently use to work the same muscles from a different angle. Ie. tricep dips vs pushups, curls vs chin ups. Keep changing the way you approach the muscle and cardio!

Hope this helps. LL>
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Have you read the post in General Discussion titled "THE answers to THE questions"? It can help you with this!