Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you log grocery shopping?

I'm just curious as to who logs their grocery shopping as part of their exercises. Is it actually considered exercise? I guess it could be. I generally walk pushing the cart for a good 30 - 45 minutes and then loading and unloading the groceries. Sometimes I log it and sometimes I don't and I was just curious as to what others do.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,289 Member
    It's part of my regular life. I don't log anything other than planned, sustained exercise. Too much hassle and doesn't amount to much anyway.
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Nope... now, if I was running around the aisles throwing stuff in as I go, then maybe. :laugh:
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    It's part of my regular life. I don't log anything other than planned, sustained exercise. Too much hassle and doesn't amount to much anyway.

This is what I was kinda thinking and why I don't log it all the time. I was considering wearing a HRM tonight to the store to see what it read just for the hell of it. I'm fairly active through the day (I work with kids) and I'm up and down stairs 4 - 8 x a day and lifting kids all day long, always on my feet and moving so even though grocery shopping is a normal part of my day, it's not something I do every day, kwim.

Edited to add...I did a search AFTER I posted this and found another thread on it...*slaps forehead*...doh!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Unless I'm doing walking lunges down the aisles and jumping jacks through the produce department, I don't count it as exercise. It's part of my normal life and is figured in with my activity level.