Hi Guys! .. Guess I'm a Newbie :)

mmrose00
mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi Everyone!

My name is Michelle and I am new to MFP, seems like a cool place to be! I :happy:

I like most people, have started several "diets", and never stuck with them. I realized I needed to change my approach and set better intentions for me and my health! I sought this site because I realized that in all of the "diets" I attempted the one constant was keeping a food journal of some sort, so I guess their must be some validity in having one. Although it would be nice if I could download this application to my Treo. (wishful thinking) :flowerforyou:

In addition to changing my health, I have embarked on changing my fitness level by training for my first 5K on May 15! Wohoooo :bigsmile: I am training using the C25K plan, and it is going GREAT! It is certainly a challenge, but I'm up for it! After all it's a New BLUE Moon Year & New Decade! Time for changes and they start within!

Looking forward to meeting some new like minded people here! Cheers to your continued success!

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    welcome to an awesome site Michelle .... you will get lots of support and motivation here .... good luck on your weight loss journey and your 5k
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Wow... you are doing very well!!! 5k? I'm doing well to run up and down the stairs at my present level. So I'm envious and hopeful that maybe I will get there or close to thinking of doing something like that. You definitely have the right mindset! Welcome to the site and good luck in reaching your goals.
  • I guess I would be considered a NEWBIE too! *LOL* To be perfectly honest I was happy with myself and didn't notice that now after two years from having my daughter - I gained 60 pounds. I put the weight on so slowly I didn't see it. That is until I took family photos last week at Disney World. The pictures turned out beautifully but I felt as if I was looking at a stranger in the picture with my husband and daughter. Was that really me? So I am pledging to change.

My goal is to loose 70 pounds before 2011 but I will settle with feeling better about my appearance and getting more energy to chase after my two and a half year old. I can do it. But today - being my first day. It is difficult.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers - good luck!:smile:
  • jlloyd
    jlloyd Posts: 68
    welcome and good luck, I just join last week and so far have been well pleased with this site.
  • I michelle I am new here to. It is really easy to use, and is really helping me keep my mind on the goal.

Good Luck!

K
  • drvvork
    Yes, ease of use for this site is high - I especially like the food diary with the exception of the "red" numbers that jump up. I love red - but not in my food diary.

Betty
  • mmrose00
    Thanks everyone!! Look forward to reading about your successes and sharing my own! :drinker:

I do have a question about the food diary.. What do you do if you have leftover calories at the end of the day??

Michelle
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    its okay to have a few leftover ..... but if you can eat something to make up a big difference than i suggest that
  • drvvork
    I celebrate! Last night I had calories to burn - so to speak - so I had a cup of sugar-free hot cocoa. I don't know what others do but that is what I did with them. Now today, well, I was a bad girl. I'll do better tomorrow.

Betty
  • mmrose00
    Thank you that was helpful! :)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    your very welcome Michelle
This discussion has been closed.