Nutrition "Pie"

Options
I love the new pie feature on here that shows how much of each food group you ate that day. I just don't know what my goal should be?! It seems like carbs are always the winner for me & I'm wondering if that is ok? I do a heavy workout 4-5 times a week & I know that burns carbs...but wondering if I should intake more protein? Idk...any thoughts?

Replies

• Kim28dav
    Options
    Hey!! I do know that protein helps in burning more muscle :)
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    In a simple sentence, Carbs for energy, Protein for muscle repair. You need both.

Most of my daily make-up is carbs, (50% carbs, 25% protein, 25% fat) however protein will likely keep you full longer. Everyone will have a different answer, but you need to experiment with your setting to find what is right for you.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    How do you get to the pie chart? I don't see it under any of the tabs. :frown:
  • AGreen54
    AGreen54 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    How do you get to the pie chart? I don't see it under any of the tabs. :frown:

I don't know where to find it online but if you have the MFP app on a phone, then the pie chart is under the "daily" tab
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    It's only available on mobile apps, not the web version.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I am for 40/30/30 carbs/fat/protein. As far as I know thats generally accepted to be a good ratio.
  • smile4char
    smile4char Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thx! That helps a lot!:)
  • smile4char
    Options
    You know what? I'm a dork...I see now that it has percentages listed beside each grouping. For me, it says carbs 55%, fat 30%, protein 15%. Is this the same for everyone or is this tailored for me & my profile?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    You know what? I'm a dork...I see now that it has percentages listed beside each grouping. For me, it says carbs 55%, fat 30%, protein 15%. Is this the same for everyone or is this tailored for me & my profile?

This is the default percentages setting.
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options

Those are the defaults, but the protein is really low. Most people set the carbs at 45%-50% to make room for more protein.
  • smile4char
    Options
    Oh ok...thank you both!!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Hey!! I do know that protein helps in burning more muscle :)
    You mean calories, not muscle :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    OK. I had heard there was a version on the smartphone. (I have other financial priorities beyond internet on my damn phone! :laugh:) But since OP said it was new, I thought maybe they finally added it to the online version. I am still trying to figure out why it's not on the web. Doesn't an app use less memory anyway? What's the deal with that?
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I am for 40/30/30 carbs/fat/protein. As far as I know thats generally accepted to be a good ratio.

Mine is close. I do 50/25/25. I can still get 90 grams of protein this way and still get enough carbs. I like my carbs. :wink: