Do you count alcohol in your calorie goal?

Options

Replies

• DeathKitty23
    DeathKitty23 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Personally I dont - when i drink I put it in my notes for the day that way i don;t have to spend a night out counting how many i've had and freaking out about it
    I don't drink everyday i drink some weekend and when i do i see it as a treat to myself so I don;t freak about the calories im adding cos i've been under for the rest of that week
    I would not be wasting a third of my calories on beer daily though - seriously not healthy lol
    xx
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I log them - but they truly are high empty calories as I am usually hungry later that night.
  • kmccormick42
    kmccormick42 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Might want to think about that how daily drinking affects your liver as well as your weight
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Yes, I count my alcohol calories. I usually have a glass of wine with dinner. I just budget it in. I suggest adding exercise to your day so you can eat more.
  • kpnive
    kpnive Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I count everything. EVERYTHING....that is the only way to be accountable for what you put into your body. I also limit myself to drinks - #1 it makes me bloaty, #2 its expensive, #3 it cuts into my calories!! Shoot I tracked my candy corn last night.!

1200 is low, but I eat 1200 and sometimes a little over, 800 you gotta be starving!!!
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    1/3 of your daily caloric intake in beer?

That's a bit silly for someone who's serious about... well, living.

ditto!
  • KrysGettinFit
    KrysGettinFit Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Since I've started MFP and realized how many empty calories are in beer and alcohol I have definitely cut my consumption way way down. I don't drink a glass of wine every night, however maybe every couple of weeks I get a little crazy. I work it off the next day though and make sure I count whatever I drank. I'm not trying to judge, but if you are here looking to get healthy, I would say maybe cut down how much you drink. Maybe 1-2x a week instead of every night. Also if you do drink, work out a bit harder than you normally would. Good luck.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Don't drink every day that many. Have one... or choose a glass of red wine. I count everything...even spices if I know they have cals.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Try drinking only two days a week like Friday and Saturday if those are your days off. I don't think you should eat less because you plan to have a few drinks twice a week.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking 400 calories a day. Problem solved. Or do more cardio. Or more weights. Or stop drinking every day.

This^^^

It's pretty hard to be on a calorie deficit when drinking alcohol. Nearly impossible. You gotta face the facts dude.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Gotta count em, they are calories!!!!
  • harriparf
    Options
    I count it, it then makes me never want to drink it! Well at least not very often anymore! Special occasions only!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Don't drink EVERY day. That's a huge waste of calories. I allow drink calories once a week. Sometimes twice but even then I try to limit it as much as I can. If I'm planning on having drinks with my husband or friends one night, I eat light through the day and try to get in a workout.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Your body counts the calories, why shouldnt you?
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Count it. Cut back a beer a day, then put those other 6 or 12 on a 'great cheat day'! Also remember the great saying: "work hard, play hard".
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I take it that you weren't serious and just wanted to see how many people would actually respond to *such* a question!
  • katielexy
    katielexy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will go out with my girls like once....maybe twice a month and I don't count the calories I drink simply because I dance my *kitten* off when I go out. I am talking like 3 hours of non-stop booty shaking-hand up in the air-going crazy dancing. Dancing is such a stress reliever for me and is just soooo much fun! I prob burn more calories when I go out then I do in any workout, even with comsuming my vodka and coke zeros. LOL.
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You have to count it. Before I started my journey I consumed a lot of calories from alcohol also. I'm on 1200 calories a day too. Quitting the alcohol altogether was not an option for me because I know that I will not stick with a program if I feel deprived. I had to cut the alcohol down. I can't drink everyday because I like to eat too. ;) Good luck.
  • cbsavga
    cbsavga Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Drink 2-3 Bud select 55. Now you have more room. Do it in secret - not a manly brew :happy:
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question? You're really asking if you should log calories on a calorie counting website?