Looking for a good Pilates workout

Happyoceangirl
Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I've never done Pilates before, but would like to try it and hopefully incorporate it into my fitness routine this year. I'd love to hear recommendations and suggestions for DVD workouts - as well as to hear about results you've gotten. Also curious - does there seem to be a benefit to going to a class vs. a home based DVD workout?

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    :drinker: I have the Windsor Pilates set... I did them once a while ago.. I like them, but I haven't done them in a long while... I have been doing so many other things!! But, now that I read your post, it reminded me that I have them, so I'm going to dig them out and incorporate them into my weekly workout....thanks!
  • Happyoceangirl
    I had those so long ago - when I was waaay to out of shape to use them. Wish i still had them today. Did some online research and "Pilates for Dummies" was recommended for it's instructional value and also beginner and intermediate workouts. Will give them a try.

Have fun with yours - let me know if you find it's worth doing!
  • I do standing pilates, its a little different than regular pilates. I have Ellen Barretts DVD Fat Burning Pilates and Burn and Firm Pilates. Its fun and I like it because I get the toning and core stengthening from the pilates and also cardio.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    I had those so long ago - when I was waaay to out of shape to use them. Wish i still had them today. Did some online research and "Pilates for Dummies" was recommended for it's instructional value and also beginner and intermediate workouts. Will give them a try.

Have fun with yours - let me know if you find it's worth doing!

My sister has Pilates for Dummies and LOVES it.... We keep saying that we are going to combine our aresonal of workout DVD's and workout together, but we haven't yet :laugh:
    She really toned up and all she was doing was PIlates for Dummies... She didn't have any weight to lose (all though she did) she was just looking to tone up... She did both... So, it would be a good investment for you...
    I still haven't busted out my Windsor Pilates... I don't even know where it is :laugh: I used it before our last move (5 years ago) and I think it may still be packed away somewhere... I may set out on the adventure to find it today... I've just been so focused on doing the 30 Day Shred ....
  • kitujainen
    kitujainen Posts: 143 Member
    rewards are really good ways to accomplish goal! I did pilates for dummies every day for 30min 3months and lost 22lbs. I got few manga books every week :) marked x and o if i had done the exercise and not eaten treats
  • Happyoceangirl
    Congrats on your success with it! Since I originally posted this, I've used it off and on. I can really tell the impact on my legs when I'm using it. Trouble is, I tend to get bored so I switch things up here and there. Which makes me realize, it might be time to add it back into the rotation.

Thanks for the rewards suggestion too. :)
  • I know I am late at responding to this. I just typed Pilates into the search and this popped up! I just tried Pilates for the first time tonight and LOVED it !!!! I did a video on Netflix instant . It was called Cruch: Pick Your Spot Pilates - I had so much fun!
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    I love my class at the gym. Its one hour and it kicks butt!!! I tried the at home thing and I dont try as hard but thats just me..:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.