What is a good protein shake for Women?!

Options
I'm trying to lose weight and start working out again. Which Protein Shake do you prefer? I have A WHOLE LOT of weight to lose!

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.

Replies

• Vicstar1977
    Options
    I use Iso Whey Complete. Its a good one :smile:
  • cindymeyerhofer
    cindymeyerhofer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been using Shaklee protein shakes for breakfast over the last 4 years to maintain healthy weight. When I want to lose weight, I have one for lunch as well. Quick, easy, yummy and super healthy.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Just find one with lower carbs and sugar and at least 20 grams of protein per scoop. Find one that you like the taste of or that you can cover the taste easily. I personally HATE protein flavor :sick: and I would rather make a non supplement high protein shake. You don't need protein supplements to lose weight.

Here's the basic recipe I use for a non-supplement shake.

1/2 cup skim milk
    3 oz fat free Greek yogurt
    1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
    A couple of packets of Truvia sweetener
    About 1 cup of frozen berries

Tastes very good and does not taste like cottage cheese to me ( but I do like the flavor of cottage cheese :tongue: )

Good luck on your journey!
  • yesiam07
    Options
    I too have a lot of weight to lose. I'm usually too busy with life to take time out of the day to make my own drinks so i buy the rtd (ready to drink) the brand i use is gnc total lean shake it come in chocolate swiss vanilla bean and strawberry. I don't taste the protein powder at all.

Nutrition
    calories 170
    calories from fat 50
    total fat 6
    saturated 1
    sodium 330
    potassium 310
    carbs 6
    sugars 2
    protein 25
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    the same kind that are good for men.
  • CLD79
    CLD79 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just started using Plant Fusion and I really like it a lot. The vanilla bean has a bit of an aftertaste, but the chocolate is really yummy.
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I like the designer whey. Buy it on Amazon, you can price shop, never tried a flavor I didn't like, but usually get french vanilla or chocolate, add frozen banana and milk. Gives it a nice creamy texture. Sometimes I even add a little peanut butter with the chocolate. So good.

100 calories, 2 g Fat, 60 mg Cholesterol, 80 mg Sodium, 180 mg Potassium, 6 g Total Carb, .5 Fiber, 2g Sugars and 18g Protein
  • marlopaterson
    Options
    Juice Plus Complete is my favorite. It's plant based and delicious. Not chalky at all.

18198566.png[/url]
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    GNC AMP Wheybolic Extreme 60. Kind of pricey, but its the only protein I like that doesn't have a bad taste. 93 cals and 20g of protein per scoop! But really there is no set protein for women, if you wanna build muscle, lift the same and use the same protein as the guys.
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have been using MP Combat protein powder- chocolate and cookies n cream are really good. I am at the mercy of my husband as to what flavors I get. We have just begun weight training and are still trying the various flavors.
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Herbal Life- I like vanilla the best.:flowerforyou:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. I haven't found a flavor I don't like yet, but usually stick to the different vanilla options because they blend better with frozen fruit and other ingredients.

PS: Men and women can use the same kinds of protein shakes.

PPS: Also, look for <10g of carbs per serving (otherwise a lot of added sugar) and ~20g of protein per serving and you should be golden!
  • breezer2288
    Options
    Anyone drink Bolthouse Vanilla Chai or am I just a weirdo? Probably not the best, but it works for me. ^^
  • JenniferSpindel
    JenniferSpindel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If it hasn't been mentioned already, the Shake Mix that Visalus provides is absolutely phenomenal. I took it to my doctor and she said that while she never recommends replacing two meals with a shake, it's a great way to get all the vitamins and nutrients I need. Definitely would recommend it, and it's delicious!
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    The kind with protein in it. I like whey.

I've never personally felt the need to adjust my diet/exercise to accommodate my ovaries.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I use Muscle Milk's 100% Whey

it tastes fantastic, mixes up instantly in a hand held shaker completely with just 6-8 oz of water. Ive used just about every protein shake on the market over the past 20 years and this one is by far my favorite.

Macros:

Serving size: 1 scoop
    Calories: 130
    Protein: 27g
    Carbs: 2g
    Fat: 2g
  • rainwalkerSK
    Options
    Maybe I'm not picky enough, but I really like Target's Market Pantry brand of whey protein powder. 140cal/5g carb/25g protein. I like the chocolate blended with skim milk.
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for the Bolthouse vanilla chai. I was sad. I wanted to like it.

Did you find it as a high protein version? I only see the 7g protein/serving version where I live.

I've been having to eat a lot of soft foods and minimize chewing due to TMJ issues... I've been using the Bolthouse Chocolate. I like it better than the Mango. But they both seem to have a lot of sugar.

I'm now using a chocolate soy powder from my co-op, mixed with soy milk and frozen banana. If I remember tomorrow morning I want to try adding some peanut butter.
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I make different shakes for variety and add a scoop of vanilla Pure Protein powder to them. This powder curves my hunger better than any other I have tried.
  • breezer2288
    Options
    It's great if you want a small jolt to keep going. I like the taste but due to the soy content, can't have it too much (PCOS so I don't like messing with my ovaries much, and soy does)

Bolthouse does have Protein Plus drinks which I found tasty and they had 16g of protein for 190 cals. It works for me because really, I'm not going to take the time and mix up a shake and also I like the taste. It does it's purpose, so, eh. The sugars can get a little high though so watch out.