Any pregnant gals out there?

Options
Anyone here pregnant? I am 13 wks, and while I know it's not good to LOSE weight while pregnant, I am still considered overweight and don't need to be gaining much. So I am trying to keep using MFP to at least keep in check.
Anyone else?
Kindra

Replies

• 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :) While not pregnant, I hear that you have to eat 500 calories more a day, so staying on track on here is an excellent idea. Good for you!
  • catsbc2002
    catsbc2002 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i am 25 weeks and have been doing mfp for almost a week.i talked to my doctor about working out and an eatting plan and she said go ahead.As i have a lot of extra weight me trying to lose or stay the same was ok.Note that you cant be doing any crazy stuff make sure to eat all your meals and have snacks and eat your calories and have a snack if needed.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I was with MFP for almost 2 years before I got pregnant. My doctor told me to return to maintenance calories for the 1st trimester, add a few hundred calories a day for the second trimester and about 400-500 total for the 3rd trimester. I had almost reached goal weight (within 10 lbs) before getting pregnant. I am now 21 weeks pregnant and have gained about 16 pounds, which my doctor is happy with. Both of my previous pregnancies had me gaining 25 and 27 pounds, but I was also 60 pounds heavier to start.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I am 29 weeks pregnant and have been able to exercise and I have lost weight ( I have quite a bit of weight on me to begin with). I do not recommend to lose unless your doc says so, but I still have been doing well. They put me on a 2000-2200 calorie diet and I still am losing although I sometimes do not meet my calories that is a lot of food and I am just not always hungry,but good luck and make sure to carry snacks with you especially if you work.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    im 15 weeks along, and am finally gaining weight. i lost 10 pounds (maybe more) during the first trimester, so im happy to see the scale moving up a bit. i had my goal set to maintain for the first trimester, and now have it set to gain 0.5/week... i dont always hit my daily goals, but usually end up being on track with my weekly numbers (since some days i go way over >.>)
    i dont really exercise much, but im on my feet for 8 1/2 hours a day 3 times a week, and 4 days a week i walk between 1.5 and 4.5 miles a day gettting the kids to and from school..
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I am almost 19 weeks and still "obese" (god I hate that word). My goal is to gain the minimum during pregnancy - no more than 10 pounds. So far I have gained none and I even did a 400 calorie increase about a week and a half ago because I don't think I was eating enough.
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 8 weeks preggers and obese. My plan isn't to exactly lose weight throughout the pregnancy but gain as little as possible and keep as healthy as possible. Good luck <3
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I will be 13 weeks tomorrow! It is my 4th pregnancy and I am logging and working out to have a healthy pregnancy and and lovely homebirth! My midwife recommended about 1800 to 2000 calories per day with lots of healthy whole foods, fruits and veggies. I am currently doing Zumba, spin and jogging to stay in tip top shape!
  • Yoshima
    Yoshima Posts: 58
    Options
    Newly pregnant here (just 4.5 weeks along with 2nd pregnancy). Been working on getting to a healthy weight for a long time, but especially the last couple months. I am obese, unfortunately, but I am continuing with regular workouts, and healthy meals made of whole foods so I will hopefully maintain my weight.
  • amberpickens
    amberpickens Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    im 30 weeks today
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Yup! I was overweight when I conceived as well. I'm almost 27 weeks right now. Just tracking, mostly to maintain. About the middle of the month, I will be upping my calories again, since most of the growth is done in the last Trimester anyways. I try to move around every day. Like another poster, this is my #4. The difference is, this is the first that I've really tried to monitor what I eat. I don't always eat healthy (like last night at work. Evil Jack in the Box). But I log what I do it. Just establishing healthy habits. There's a group on here for pregnant moms as well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1920-fit-fabulous-pregnant-
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    9 weeks here with our third baby (an IUD baby at that!)...feel free to add me, I am just trying to keep making good choices and maintain for now! :)
  • lyndielala
    Options
    I am in the same boat. 18 weeks today & trying to keep eating under control, but still get enough. I don't have much of an appetite, but still get nauseous when it is time to eat....so that's good, I guess! At least my body is telling me it needs food.
    This is my first & I started probably 40 lbs overweight, so I am wanting to stay accountable & monitor what I am eating a little more than how much. Then the weight gain will tell me how to adjust, as needed. Especially since I don't have much of an appetite anyway.
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    It's fine not to gain much if you are overweight! When I got pregnant with my second son in July 2010 I weighed 206 pounds. In the first trimester I lost about 13-14 pounds. The day before I had him (via c-section) my doctor weighed me and I was back at 206 pounds (9.9 pounds of that was my son!). SO "technically" I didn't gain any weight in my 2nd pregnancy.

My first pregnancy was also pretty similar... I weighed about 178 when I got pregnant and when I had him I think I was at 182 (I lost weight at first and gained it back... he was 8.9 pounds)
  • eacatterton
    eacatterton Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I will be 31 weeks tomorrow. So far I have gained 28lbs. I lost 20lbs on MFP before I got pregnant, weighing in at 198 when I found out I was pregnant. Thus far this pregnancy I am doing much better than I did with my first. With that one I weighed in at 180 and gained almost 60lbs with my son, who was 10lbs2oz @ 38 weeks.
  • shrinkingfeefee
    shrinkingfeefee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    7 1/2 weeks with our 2nd! I am obese and actually trying to lose just a few in the 1st trimester then maintain!!!
  • shrinkingfeefee
    shrinkingfeefee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I actually notice that eating healthy is just making the weight come off! MFP gave me 2010 calories before finding out I was pregnant and my dr. wants me to eat around 1800 and even on the 2010 I was still losing!!!
  • jomckillop
    jomckillop Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    People are mislead into thinking you have to eat loads of calories while they are pregnant.
    This is all wrong and probably why alot of people get so big!!
    You only need to increase your calories in your third trimester by about 200-300 calories.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    People are mislead into thinking you have to eat loads of calories while they are pregnant.
    This is all wrong and probably why alot of people get so big!!
    You only need to increase your calories in your third trimester by about 200-300 calories.

^this. You don't need to increase calories until 3rd trimester.

I am sure your OB can give you more insight on your situation.
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I really wish I had been on mfp when I was pregnant. It's so easy to overeat when you have the mindset of needing extra. This will be a good tool to stay in check. Good luck, and congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!