No longer a virgin...

Options
So after all the talk about PB2 on here, it sparked my interest and I finally broke down and bought some at the commissary. I must say with the banana it tastes the same as regular PB. Without the banana I can feel the texture difference and a hint of an after taste and it doesn't taste like peanut butter at all, it doesn't taste like anything to me, just smells like peanut butter. But nonetheless I can handle it. I'd like to travel off of the banana, how do you take your PB2?

Replies

• determined_01
    Options
    bump
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 on my protein pancakes or sometimes in my oatmeal
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    If you're using water...don't. That's where that weird aftertaste came from for me. I now use my unsweetened almond milk instead of water and it tastes AWESOME! No gross aftertaste!

I make mine a little thicker and dip a few pretzels in it...or I add a couple scoops to my protein shake. YUM!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    what is pb 2 ?
  • honestykay
    honestykay Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • I like the chocolate PB2 in my plain Greek yogurt with some granola - yum!!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I either add a little to my Protein shake with triple chocolate powder and skim milk, or I toast two pieces of Sara lee 45 calorie bread and spread chocolate pb2 on top of the warm bread., it melts in and tastes like a donut. Yum.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    what is pb 2 ?

507-0001.jpg

Less fat, calories than regular peanut butter.
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    that is a really misleading title
  • determined_01
    Options
    If you're using water...don't. That's where that weird aftertaste came from for me. I now use my unsweetened almond milk instead of water and it tastes AWESOME! No gross aftertaste!

I make mine a little thicker and dip a few pretzels in it...or I add a couple scoops to my protein shake. YUM!
    Note acknowledged. Yes I was using water. Here I come almond milk!
  • determined_01
    Options
    And that's how I lured you all in to read it!! whoohahahaha!!
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options

I'm gonna try this. I had bought some, mixed it with water and hated it. Haven't tried it since.
  • AdrianasMombieED
    AdrianasMombieED Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    can you get this PB2 anywhere? i never saw this before
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    The key is NOT to add TOO MUCH WATER! I love PB2 and eat it straight every morning from a little bowl. cold water works well too
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

RVs6N.gif
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    how do you take your PB2?

I main line it...
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    SO what is the calorie count difference between regular peanut butter and PB2 if made with Almond Milk?
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Damn. I was looking for a dirty debate.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I use it to make peanut butter pie, mix it with greek yogurt, use it in a frozen banana/almond milk shake, and today I used it to make Chocolate covered Katie's Chocolate Monkey Peanut butter cups.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to find it locally