How to stop drinking and still be 'one of the guys'!

Options
Rayman79
Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
All you have to do is stop at the gym on a Saturday night before going out. The smartest part of my plan is to do a really heavy leg workout! I'm talking squats, deads - the works!

If you push hard enough you will probably get a little light headed - no need for alcohol there. Check!
You'll feel warm and have a slightly flushed face. Check!
You'll be staggering between bars with your jelly (jello) like legs. Check!

It will be cheaper, you will get a workout in, and you will still look like you're keeping up with everyone else! It's a good thing water also looks like vodka.

No need to thank me folks, you can't buy advice this good! :wink:

Replies

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    Cheers, I'll drink to that.

I think I'll be a bit of a Cadbury kid at the moment.
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    House parties/BBQ gatherings... I usually buy a 6 pack of beer in brown bottles... or any sort of coloured bottle really. After 1 drink that bottle keeps getting topped up with water... no one is the wiser.

Oh and my vodka screw driver? thats just some delicious juice.

^ tips I also found handy when "drinking" with friends
  • lizchristine
    lizchristine Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    House parties/BBQ gatherings... I usually buy a 6 pack of beer in brown bottles... or any sort of coloured bottle really. After 1 drink that bottle keeps getting topped up with water... no one is the wiser.

I love this!!
  • Murf1968
    Murf1968 Posts: 315 Member
    Options

I love this!!
    I agree. A fantastic idea. So simple, yet brilliant.
  • mrtoaster
    mrtoaster Posts: 90 Member
    Options

It will be cheaper, you will get a workout in, and you will still look like you're keeping up with everyone else! It's a good thing water also looks like vodka.

No need to thank me folks, you can't buy advice this good! :wink:

Don't forget vodka also looks like vodka! I call it the healthy double bluff
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    also if you cant avoid the drinking... just have shots... most of your calories are in mixers :P
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Dont forget, everyone loves a designated driver!
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    most people would think I was drunk cause my cheeky antics still happened sober. Gave me an excuse, "I was drunk!!!" :laugh:

Even though I was wasn't drinking. Don't let the guys know and you can get payback for all the shenanigans....

Heck even the bouncers would laugh, but falling over sober hurts more!!!
  • wildcat808
    wildcat808 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i became a fan of vodka soda waters w/ lime! its not fruity & delicious, so i sip it slower (positive!!) and it doesnt give you the nasty hangover a lot of sugary drinks give you when you have a few too many =]