Recipes to get rid of Soy Milk!

Options
newyorklover91
newyorklover91 Posts: 77 Member
I recently bought Soy Milk (never tried it before and was on special for $1.50) and so now I am stuck with this *what I think* horrible tasting stuff!

So does anyone have any recipes or ideas on what I could use it for?

I was thinking in a smoothie I could use 1/2 of Soy milk and 1/2 normal milk..... Any other suggestions??

Sorry I'm not very creative!... Otherwise I'll just chuck it out...

Replies

• FehringerD
    Options
    Chuck it! Soy is hard for most people to digest. Try an Almond or Flax milk. Tastes better and higher Omega oils, much better for you. Almond milks are fantastic for Smoothies, they give them a great flavor. Try using unsweetened and adding your own honey or Agave syrup, you can add much less sweetener that way.
  • stacnm
    stacnm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Maybe a local food shelter could use your unopened. Another option is rice pudding - take 1 part cooked rice to 2 parts soy milk and slowly cook it on stove top. I like to use some honey or agave sweetener if the soy milk is unsweetened, or you could use sweetener of your choice. Vanilla extract is good. Raisins or apple would be good too. Cook it over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Once I added protein powder and just about gagged, but a good friend stopped by and ate it all. Good luck!
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    with some fruit and protein powder, you'll never notice it in a smoothie.

otherwise I don't know what to tell you... maybe check your pantry for pancake mix or something similar; you can use the soy milk instead of water

Ovaltine, if you have it

Or give it to a neighbor
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    make muffins, soup, smoothies, etc...i use almond milk for everything...but soy will lose it's flavor when you throw bacon in a pot with some chicken stock, onions, potatoes the milk and some spices
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Soy is so bad for you, it's the #1 cause for mucus. Read up on it!