Hello from a newbie - motivational issues!

Hi all,

I've just joined and wondered if any seasoned members could give me tips or recommend ideas for helping to maintain motivation and get into shape?

I always fall into the trap of starting something then becoming disinterested in it soon after! It seems like I need different stimuli to keep me interested and on track.

Any advice regarding the best tools available on this site or generally would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

Thanks for your help,
Steph

Replies

• nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Hi Steph & welcome!

I actually just hit my one year mark in May - haven't met my final goal yet so I know exactly what you mean by keeping motivated. I could have met it a while ago but I've maintained all summer, maybe putting on 5 lbs since my lowest weight, which is okay but now is the time to step it up and get to my goal!

One suggestion is to make sure you take pics along the way and measure yourself once a month. The physical results are the biggest motivator. Talking to others that have the same goals - becoming healthy, getting more fit will also help to stay focused and reading the community blogs about success stories will help too. Some people have overcome some huge hurdles, losing 100's of lbs... and it's great to read.

I get bored with the same old same old when it comes to food, so that's another reason why mfp is successful for me. You can do whatever you want within reason and still lose weight. Fit in your cravings once in a while and you'll have a better chance at succeeding. Having an mfp & exercise buddy also really helps to stay motivated.

Good luck to you in your new lifestyle journey!
    Dani
  • Not really a seasoned member but you can add me as a friend if you like.