How much does your weight fluctuate in a day/week

m11ekd
m11ekd Posts: 46 Member
Since I have been on MFP and watching my weight more and more. I often weigh myself daily and supprised at how much it changes during the course of each day. I know that you should only weigh yourself once a week, but i can't help it. SOme days it changes by over three punds! I only ever change my weight on here when its lower then before and it has been a month since i lost any weight. What do you think?

Replies

• genefabes
    genefabes Posts: 132
    I only weigh myself every now and again. maybe every two weeks, once a month. just to log it. I prefer to rely on measuring, progress photos, and how my clothes fit. over the past few weeks I've lost no weight at all.. but my measurements have changed.

I can look and measure the same everyday but be 3lbs different on the scale. too many factors play into that number that I can't be concerned to check on it more than once or twice a month but that's just me.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    + or - 5 for me.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    + or - 3 pounds.

i usually weigh about 2-3 pounds less after my running workout.

Actually last week in the evening i weighed 217 and the next day i weighed 209. That was the most i have ever seen, i was pretty shocked.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    i used to weigh weekly, now weigh daily as i find it keeps me in check.

i also go up or down about 1kg / 2.2lbs
  • zimfour
    zimfour Posts: 191 Member
    Try NOT to wiegh myself too much. I judge how the clothes fit or FALL off me. BUT to answer the question...Probably about 2 to 3 pounds difference in a week, depending on activity level and calories consumed....
  • I only weigh every now and then--the only time my weight changes a bit is during my cycle which can add up to about 4lbs! woohooo mother nature :)
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    5-10 lbs.
  • samigirl1975
    samigirl1975 Posts: 62 Member
    i used to weigh weekly, now weigh daily as i find it keeps me in check.

i also go up or down about 1kg / 2.2lbs

I am the same way... but I do it every other day and always on Monday as that is the weigh in day for me. :)