Looking for friends

Options
Hi, I'm looking for friends with whom I can share tips.
I have two daughters who are overweight and wish to help them lose weight too

Replies

• Beya078
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to my fitness pal and would like to make friends
  • eldrith1399
    Options
    Hi Beya. Me and my wife recently joined and are looking for friends as well. Friend us if you like. I started out at 300 lbs and have lost 9 so far. my wife is currently trying to gain weight. I wish you the best of luck with your endeavors.
  • ClaireMal
    Options
    Add me too if you want always looking for new friends.
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    Hi I would be happy to be a support friend if you want , :flowerforyou:
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. Always welcoming (and giving) support!
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me as well! I'm on here all day every day! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • debbiekuhn123
    debbiekuhn123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    hi add me if you like, im currently 304lbs, newly married with a 10 month old son x
  • ReNewYou
    Options
    I am always available to give and receive help. Feel free to add me everyone.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hi - I have found that the friendships that have lasted on here are the ones with people I have the most in common with. For example, last year I made a lot of friends with people in the United Kingdom that I was on a challenge with. Unfortunately, due to the time zone differences (I am from the Buffalo, NY area) , it is more challenging to stay in sync with their posts.:yawn: Also, I am a 55 year old grandmother who works full time, so I don't have much in common with the schedules / life styles of college students, or the activity level of much younger folks. I've even noticed that I have "bonded" more with people who live in a similar climate, since we can share snow woes :sad: and rejoice together when the weather is beautiful :flowerforyou: .

That doesn't mean strong friendships with these members CAN'T develop or should be ruled out. But it just struck me when I read your post that it might be helpful if you told us a little bit more about yourself. Finding great and lasting friends on MFP can definitely be a motivator, but just like in real life, you have to work at it. :happy: