heels

Options

Replies

• juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yes! I haven't worn them for years and I am proud to say I wore 3" heels all day yesterday!!! It's amazing to feel feminine again!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    There's no way it wouldn't be less painful. 260 pounds vs 150 pounds resting on the balls of my feet has got to make a difference.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Just wearing heels on a regular basis makes them less painful for me.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I have BIG feet. Size 12. So the heels I can find are painful. However, after I lost about 35ish pounds, I noticed it wasnt as bad. But I think some of that pain was my feet structure- big with almost no arch. Its better but you wont find me shopping Target in 4 inch heels.
  • fingerscrossed75
    fingerscrossed75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It absolutely does make it less painful.

I wear heels at work 5 days a week and have noticed a huge difference since I have dropped some weight.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    What kind of heels are you wearing? I wear them everyday...find them comfortable....love my heels.........
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    What helped me was wearing "barefoot technology" shoes while working legs (weight lifting; lunges, calf raises, etc). Nike Free, Keen, Inov-8 are a few brands that make such shoes. They are light and very flexible. This strengthened my feet muscles and I can comfortably wear heels way higher than I could when I was young!
  • DeathKitty23
    DeathKitty23 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Its defo less painfull -think about it - an extra 100 pounds when your doing calf raises is going to hurt so same thing applies lol
    xx
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    For sure. I fluctuate in a 20 pound range and when I'm at the top of it, I feel like it's so much harder to drag my *kitten* up the stairs. When I'm lighter it is much easier.

But yeah, it's mostly about the quality of the shoes. Quit buying cheap heals and get yourself some real leather. Actually quite comfortable when you break them in.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Yes it does and it makes my calves look amazing.....errrrr crap I said too much

That awkward moment when.....
  • renatte68
    Options
    It did for me! It makes sense doesn't it? All your weight is on the balls of your feet. If there is less weight then it hurts less. Of course uncomfortable shoes will just be uncomfortable. No matter what my husband says! :o)
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I was hoping this post would be sounding more like "oh my YES of course, your heels won't hurt you once you lost weight.."
    damn
    hahaha .. but I still want some hot ones when I lose more!! To me, a big girl in high heels (not chunky heels either) looks kinda silly. Maybe I just look silly lol
  • aemoomoo
    aemoomoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes it does and it makes my calves look amazing.....errrrr crap I said too much

haha!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    does losing a significant amount of weight make wearing heels less painful? x

can't answer that, however I've noticed that gaining a significant amount of age makes wearing heels MORE painful.
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    I rarely wear less than a 6" heel, all day everyday.They are definitely less painful post weightloss
    I've also lost a full size so had to buy all new shoes :bigsmile:

If the pain worries you, go for a style with a deep platform sole you get less burning in the balls of your feet.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Spent all day wearing high heeled boots, I don't normally and these were new, but I had no problems.

I reckon this was less to do with dropping weight, but more to do with strength training and improved balance.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Regardless, don't wear them all the time, youre going to ruin your feet.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I wear four inch heels all the time and they don't hurt.

but that may have been my ballet background growing up.....so if you indulge in dance for several years of your life where you are constantly arching and stretching your feet, then maybe perhaps then your feet won't hurt?

Sorry, not the best answer but all I have.
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I would say its easier. I never wore them when I was overweight because my feet were overweight too. I wear heels all the time now & don't really have too many problems. And damn, my legs look good in them. Lol. :)
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    LOL I wish. I'm at my goal weight and I still can't wear heels for an entire night...unless I'm sitting the whole time ;)