Bad week...

Options
:brokenheart: So my aunt died this weekend, and I have been using it as an excuse not to diet or go to the gym. It wasn't unexpected, she has batteled with cancer for a long time, but it is still really sad for us.

How can I stay motivated when all I want to do is sit around and shove myself full of comfort foods? It is driving me crazy.

Replies

• hmrsimpsonzealot
    Options
    :brokenheart: So my aunt died this weekend, and I have been using it as an excuse not to diet or go to the gym. It wasn't unexpected, she has batteled with cancer for a long time, but it is still really sad for us.

How can I stay motivated when all I want to do is sit around and shove myself full of comfort foods? It is driving me crazy.
  • DaniUSA
    DaniUSA Posts: 74
    Options
    I am sorry about your aunt.

BUT

I think it is okay to skip gym or eat less healthier..

BUT go back to your good habits.

Maybe make an appointment with a friend in gym, so you have a reason really to go.
  • jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    :cry:
    Sorry, to hear about your loss. I can just about imagine how hard it is right now.

One thing I might suggest is that until you are ready to go back into "weight loss" mode is just try to maintain your weight for a while. You need to take in more calories to maintain your weight, so this could help with some of the "sad" eating, and take away guilt over not losing.

Another thing to remember is to try and not use food as your outlet. If you are sad, try and talk to someone or write in a journal or even go for a walk. It's better than eating and may also be emotionally healthier.

You're in my thoughts, sorry for your loss.
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Give yourself time to grieve. :cry: Focus on your family the next few days and then slowly pick yourself back up. In a few days, you'll feel ready to get back in the swing of things. We are all here for you and if you need to talk, email me. I lost my mom a little over a year ago, so I've traveled your road.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry to hear about your Aunt, maybe if you spend some time with a good friend. Even if it's just talking over the phone, they have a way of lifting us up when we need them the most. :flowerforyou:
  • Sarie
    Sarie Posts: 17
    Options
    my condolences..

My mom died last year and I gain 30 (count em) 30!! I know how it happened - booze. It wasn't the calories in the wine but that the wine makes me feel like I deserve hor'deorves and inappropriate snakes.. and bam - 30 lbs

I am appalled that I did it to myself - so you just have to brush yourself off and not beat yourself up. I am the queen of that.

me = wine :drinker: last year ..
  • Sarie
    Sarie Posts: 17
    Options
    I forgot to say HANG IN THERE! :flowerforyou:
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Hang in there tonight! Funeral services can be so very difficult, and yet it's a wonderful way to remember your aunt's life. I'll be praying for you and your family!
    :flowerforyou: