Struggling to reach my target calories

Options
I have a target of 1200 calories a day but am struggling to reach it. I get full really easily and seem to be unable to find suitable foods to make up the calories/carbs/fat etc which dont make me feel fit to burst..

Replies

• drcrisos
    drcrisos Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't have that problem, lol. A few days I will be under, but that is not the norm for me.
    Are you getting full from the water you are drinking, or have you always gotten full real easy?
    Maybe add more protein in your diet.
    I don't know how many meals you eat a day, but you can try to eat 6 small meals throughout the day instead of trying to get all you caloric intake in 3.
    Good luck!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You can add some calorie-dense foods to your diet to give you a boost without much volume. Try nuts, avocado, full-fat dairy, olive oil, etc.
  • errantaylor
    Options
    Hi guys thanks for the suggestions! I do drink some water but not very much (mostly becuase the drinking water tap is about 4 floors away from my office!). I like both ideas of having eating little and often and of having calorie dense foods and will probably try both to which works best for me.