Let's Inspire Others

Options
agbaeb
agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
I'd love to hear your story! A few people have messaged me their stories to inspire others, and I'd love to hear yours! What made you make that decision to start getting healthy?
(I'd like to pick a story a month and post it on my blog... to inspire others! Let me know if you're interested. :) )

Replies

• MommaKit79
    Options
    My story isnt finished and hasnt been much of just changing a few things...I'll post one in a few weeks when I get further along tho!! I will enjoy reading other peoples successes! :-)
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Your story may not be finished, but honestly, whose is? Something changed though, and made you decide to make that change...
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Great thread idea. I posted my story on my blog back in August.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/my-thanks-to-the-man-of-steel-407835
  • farmer50340
    farmer50340 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've never been what you would call a healthy weight. Over the years, it's gotten out of control, to the point where I hit a max of 308 pounds this June. One night after dinner, my wife and I looked at each other, and realized that neither of us were happy with ourselves, and I said to her "Ok then, go put on your sneakers, we're going for a walk." It was that simple for us, we made the realization that we weren't happy and wanted to be healthier, so we changed our diets and upped our activity level. My wife has lost about 25 pounds, and I've lost about 40 since we started. We have a 4 year old little girl that we're trying to make sure that we see into adulthood! I want to be able to enjoy my kid being a kid.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I started on my weight loss journey about 2 years ago....I am 4'11" and at the time 219 lbs...I said "enough"...I started using a protein shake in the morning, and eating sensibly the rest of the day...I did NOT restrict myself, and would eat whatever I wanted...and went out to eat frequently (what I did to get THIS big) anyway, for years I had to buy velcro shoes because I couldn't reach my feet over my FAT belly....several months ago, after losing about 25 lbs from my program, I went to buy new shoes and could not find any velcro.. .I usually have to buy mens shoes in order to get this type of closure....I tried regular tie up shoes, and I actually had NO PROBLEM reaching my feet and tieing my shoes!!!! This is my first actual success..

.I still have a long way to go, but I'm on my way...I just signed up with this website a month ago, and am learning what all the foods I eat have in calories, and nutrients...an have adjusted to it...at first I gained, probably because I got all wrapped up in logging and ate too much...now I am under my clorie goal most every day....and BTW, I have a desk job and really don't get much exercise...so I really CAN'T eat many calories....and I really haven't noticed an increase in hunger, even tho I am eating under 1200 every day....
  • sandkrain
    sandkrain Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump
    great topic
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'm still in the making, but my story is in my profile :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!