How Much Sleep Do You Get?

Options

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I have two little kids, so sleeping straight through the night is an event long gone in my life. I probably get 7 hours of sleep most nights, but it is not uninterrupted sleep. If one kidlets has a good night, the other one is having a rough night. I am hoping that within the year I will start to get more sleep as their sleep habits improve.

All I asked for for my birthday was 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. You think I'm kidding. I am not.
  • hersheyd
    Options
    Wow 5 hours eh? Well that could mean one thing , Absolute Stress. When I was 21 I grew up being a big girl , I soon lost all of it.
    I was stressed to be thin stressed to be healthy , stress because I had no self of steam and was never taught that sleeping 7-8 hours a day for women is very much needed. Women need more sleep then men. I got so sick , my gallbladder I soon found out was diseased meaning it did not function they way a normal one would. The more my body stress the quicker it died inside of me. I almost died because of poor eating over working myself and not enough sleep. And not to mention the bad attitude that soon will get to you and all of your friends and loved ones. You will lose your mind in some way or another. If there are not enough hours in the day to take care of yourself you need to seriously get ride of those ****ting things that are keeping you awake at night. Might I add my family were really upset when I died at the hospital , thankfully the doctors were quick enough to fix it. Boy did they every tell me off. I am now Anemic and cant even if I tried too stay up to late. Even when I do get enough sleep I am tired. It takes 10 years for your body to heal from these things. I pray you find another way around it my dear for a better stronger you that kicks *kitten* totally and is sharp and at its best. Its an awesome feeling to be able to take care of yourself and listen to other and find out they were completely RIGHT
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Between 5-7 hours a night, with at least one potty break in there, LOL.

Some days I end up taking a nap after lunch when my 3 year old naps, so I guess you can add an extra hour or two in there for the week :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I have three kids and two jobs, so on weekdays it's just impossible to fit any more sleep hours in. But hopefully soon I can adjust my schedule and get some more sleep on a regular basis. ;)

Dear, I hear you too. I also have 3 kids. They are the reason I spent my 20s not getting enough sleep. I also had 2 jobs then and was going to college. I honestly thought at the time I was doing what was best for my family. But by not doing right by myself, I truly wasn't. In retrospect I see now that we could have gotten by if I only had one job. But I don't know your situation so don't know if you can, so I'll just shut up now :smile:
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I have three kids and two jobs, so on weekdays it's just impossible to fit any more sleep hours in. But hopefully soon I can adjust my schedule and get some more sleep on a regular basis. ;)

Dear, I hear you too. I also have 3 kids. They are the reason I spent my 20s not getting enough sleep. I also had 2 jobs then and was going to college. I honestly thought at the time I was doing what was best for my family. But by not doing right by myself, I truly wasn't. In retrospect I see now that we could have gotten by if I only had one job. But I don't know your situation so don't know if you can, so I'll just shut up now :smile:

Aw, you're fine - and you're right; there are often decisions that we can rework in retrospect, and the way could've been easier; every day I try to figure out how to free up some time but it's like one of those impossible puzzles... I do know that in a couple of months my schedule won't be as insane. I'm looking forward to how I'm going to feel when I can get 6 or 7 hours of sleep! :D
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    7.5-9 most nights.

Less than 7 and I feel like crap. Less than 6 and I can't really function.
  • mbeva
    mbeva Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This!!! Thats me right there!! I can go to bed at 9 but I'll fall asleep around 12 or 1 lol
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    7 hours average
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Average around 7 hours or less. With this bumbed shoulder some nights are less than four:yawn:
  • cheyenuff
    cheyenuff Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Between 6 and 8 hours. Less than 6 is terrible for me.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    When I was working and raising kids I functioned on an average of 6 hrs a night. Less than that I was groggy. Now that I am 'retired' I am usually getting around 7-8, though I frequently wake once or twice briefly due to arthritis pain or DH walking about. He has been functioning on no more than a 4 hour stretch for over 30 years. But he does take naps.
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I was sleeping 5 to 5 1/2 hours for years... I am trying to get back to 7 hours... but I tend to wake up after about 6... I sleep a little on and off after that...
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    If I don't set the alrm clock, between 9-10 hrs. If I do I can get by with 7.5 to 9 hrs. I also nap most days.
  • natalienicole502
    natalienicole502 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I aim to be in bed between 9-10. It usually takes me a little bit to fall asleep so I usually fall asleep between 10-11. Most days I wake up at 6/7 so I try to get 8 but usually end up with 7. I need my sleep. :)
  • Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    www.sleepyti.me This site will is kinda neat. It counts your sleep cycles for you so you know when to go to bed or when to wake up

Thanks for that - I use a mobile app but still sleepy in the mornings. I'll try a bedtime varient and see if that helps
    Nothing like a good nights sleep to change a whole day!
  • laurin2010
    Options
    about 7-8 depends on little man--he is usually a good sleeper but some nights it is up and down and up and down!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    No matter what, I always wake up between four and six hours later.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Not enough to put up with the bidness on this board.
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Not enough to put up with the bidness on this board.

Yes indeed/whoa nelly