I feel like I'm slipping...

Options
I can feel myself slipping back into my old habits. Starting to drink soda again, having sweets more often again. I'm happy with the progress I'm making and know I can do much more, but I am giving in more and more to temptation every day...

Like today - this is the first day I have worked a 'day shift' in probably 4 months. I had a small breakfast, larger than normal lunch, and I only have 142 calories left for the day!! I have training tonight so I dont have time to do any exercise other than the walking around I'm doing at work right now. That may only give me another 400 calories at the most. Been a tough day...

Anything you all do to get your spirits back up to get back on track??

Replies

• lcn42781
    lcn42781 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can feel myself slipping back into my old habits. Starting to drink soda again, having sweets more often again. I'm happy with the progress I'm making and know I can do much more, but I am giving in more and more to temptation every day...

Like today - this is the first day I have worked a 'day shift' in probably 4 months. I had a small breakfast, larger than normal lunch, and I only have 142 calories left for the day!! I have training tonight so I dont have time to do any exercise other than the walking around I'm doing at work right now. That may only give me another 400 calories at the most. Been a tough day...

• Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Think "do i really want this more than losing weight"
    Go running or some other exercise and push your self to the limit and see if after all that hard work if you really want to blow it on junk food. OH and drink a bunch of water before anything else. DON'T GIVE UP!!! We are right here sticking it out with you:happy:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Well, don't you think this feeling is part of the process? The sneaky human mind tries to lure you back into old comfortable habits, all along the journey. So, first off, your progress has been good! You've hit a bumpy spot. Secondly, you are not going to quit. You're just going to plan for your day shifts, you know, using those good habits that you've developed for the later shifts that you've been working. Pack snacks that you know are not beyond your calorie limit. Pack your lunch, too, or at least try to plan what you may have for lunch.

Don't be too hard on yourself. You obviously know what you're doing. You're almost halfway to your goal! This time on your journey falls under the category of: I'm gonna do this because it's what I know I have to do, not because I really feel like doing it right now. You'll get over the bump and be ready to progress. GL. :flowerforyou:
  • jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm familiar with slipping. I lost nearly 55 lbs on Jenny Craig, went on maintenance and then gained at least 2 lbs every month until I gained back 15 lbs. It REALLY isn't hard to do.

For me, it's a matter of making the decision to get back on track. Unfortunately, for me, dieting and eating healthy isn't my instinct. I always want to be lazy and eat junk. So, I have to keep my food in mind all the time and be planning my meals and thinking ahead. I can't just "go with it" when it comes to eating. I'm consious of it every day.
    Maybe it's obsessive, but when I let it slip and stop thinking about what I'm eating, that's when the bad habits come back.

I needed to make the choice to go back to thinking about food in a different way again. It was really hard for me as well, but it' slike one day, I just said, "enough"!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Yeah - the body will always try to go back to the comfortable, easy way - even when that makes it less efficient! So, today you just have dinner, do what you have to do and PLAN for a better tomorrow. Obviously you haven't given up - you posted and are still here. GOOD!! If you stick with it a little longer and plan a little more carefully you'll be back on track very quickly. Last week was my slipping week. But I got re-motivated and planned a little more carefully for this week and am totally on track and doing much better. Sometimes, our mind and body just get tired of the extra work and effort involved - but if you persevere you will overcome and be much better off for it!
  • Sarie
    Sarie Posts: 17
    Options
    The more times we try it and fail - it hurts -- the failing seems to be a part of the problemo. I want to be my thinner person underneath but know that I binge and bingo - it's over for the night.

NEVER get too hungry. That is really helpful to stay on track - when it is time to snack - go get one before it's too late and you dive into the crappola.

Hang in - we are all in this together.!!!
    :heart:
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options

Yes, there is something I do. I'm going through a horrible time right now, with no end in sight, and I took a road trip that led me to chocolate cake and apple fritters and pizza. Yummy. That being over, I got right back onto my program of diet and exercise the moment I got home. And I didn't beat myself up over my bad choices. I think we tend to let our percieved failures define who we are and we don't focus nearly enough attention on our successes.

So go right now to your mirror, any mirror, and look yourself in the eyes and say something positive. Then smile and tell yourself you are worthy of success. Then forget the excuses and do something good for yourself. Walking will earn you some extra calories, and even with less than 200 left, you can make some good choices. Get some yogurt and an apple and a cut up a whole bunch of celery. You can eat all that without even going over the 200. Try to stay as close to goal as you can. What you want to avoid is saying, "I've already screwed up so I might as well have 2000 calories in fast food." That will not make you feel better.

This journey was not easy when we started, we all put off taking the first step. When your spirits are low, just try your best to do the right thing and eventually it will be able to carry you through the tough times, you will find yourself automatically making good choices, even when you're down.

This is for you: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    ugh.. i am having the same kind of day!:grumble:
    I only have 192 calories to consume for dinner. I think I will do some push ups or jog around my house when i get home from work today
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You have lost 26 pounds which to me is just amazing.......you said you wanted to be around for your wife and kids. That is the reward for your hard work, and not everyone has that to look forward to. Don't cheat them out of having you around at graduations, weddings , grandchildren........and growing old with your wife. There can't be any food worth throwing all that away for.:heart: I know I haven't been on here very long , but I do know what kind of health problems I am facing because of my weight and how I neglected to take care of myself. :flowerforyou:
  • kimd983
    kimd983 Posts: 39
    Options
    your not slipping, your taking a mental vacation and you need to end it. haha

I feel every bit of your post in my heart beucase i felt like i wrote it. I do the same thing.

life gets in the way of our trials and tribulations on trying to accomplish things and our weight was always the last thing we took care of. Unfortunalty!

you are aware of your slipping and that is the first step.

go out and walk or something to earn more calories....drink lots of water i promise you'll feel better than you do. im typing this late. so maybe you already did this.

chin up!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

tumblr_lksm26xt4E1qf1myjo1_500.gif

No, seriously...

...I've found that swimming really helps.
  • violetcharms
    violetcharms Posts: 158 Member
    Options

I feel just like this! I've been working so hard, then just a little work issues and I'm back to square one. Bad food choices, less motivation to workout consistently.... Just lack of discipline!

I wish I could practise more self control and get that body that I should be able to achieve =(
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Just keep punching!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Just get back into it. Do not give up. Giving up is why you are back here again!