60 days here and STILL not a lb lost!

Options
ok...before i start...i think i know what i'm doing wrong so i'm just going to lay it out there and own up to it:

1) i do not eat back my exercise calories and for the 60 days i've been on here, i've pretty much had a daily NET of somewhere between 600-900 calories. bad bad bad, i know and i'm working on it. i've calculated my TDEE (2100) and am slowly working up to eating TDEE minus 15%. it's a lot of calories to add all at one so i'm planning on doing 100-150 a week until i'm there.

2) i started out with a lot of cardio. like A LOT! i've now cut that back and have added 2x45min strength training sessions at the gym a week. i think 3 sessions a week would be better so i've started 1 session of free weights at home.

3) i'd say i eat pretty good. i do not eat fast food, i do not eat junk food (ok, maybe a cookie here and there but certainly not on a daily basis). i won't even buy ice cream from the grocery store because those have too many additives and junk. i make my own ice cream.

now on to my problem. i would like to "lose" 5-7lbs. that being said, it can also be loss in terms of inches...doesn't necessarily have to be lbs. the number on the scale does not matter. what matters is that i fit back into my clothes that i wore back in march. i mean, they do still fit but they are snug.

any suggestions out there as to what i should do? what i should focus on? how can i lose an inch in my thigh circumference and an inch in my hips? i know there's no such thing as spot reduction but i need some guidance on what i can do/how i should eat (in terms of cals) to tighten things up and trim things down.

my diary is open. please feel free to comment. thanks.

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    The last five are the hardest, especially when you're already in shape, and your body holds on to every bit of fat it has. That being said, you definitely need to eat more (I think you know that :wink: ). You're my age, I weigh 112 pounds and I eat 1500 when I am cutting, 1850 when I am maintaining. I know when I don't eat it definitely stalls things.
  • jenneal89
    jenneal89 Posts: 243
    Options
    If you do what you say you're going to do then you lose something (weight, inches or both) I got a resistance band and have been doing exercises to help slim down my thighs and butt and it's working quite well. You will get there!
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies!

alright so sounds like it's time to EAT UP! only problem is i'm not hungry enough for all that food! guess it's time to bust out the nuts, cheese and peanut butter! i think i also have to re-train myself to eat more. i know that once i do that, i WILL be hungry for the extra calories.
  • flynnfinn
    Options
    bump! anyone else?
  • flynnfinn
    Options
    bump again!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    ok...before i start...i think i know what i'm doing wrong so i'm just going to lay it out there and own up to it:

1) i do not eat back my exercise calories and for the 60 days i've been on here, i've pretty much had a daily NET of somewhere between 600-900 calories. bad bad bad, i know and i'm working on it. i've calculated my TDEE (2100) and am slowly working up to eating TDEE minus 15%. it's a lot of calories to add all at one so i'm planning on doing 100-150 a week until i'm there.

2) i started out with a lot of cardio. like A LOT! i've now cut that back and have added 2x45min strength training sessions at the gym a week. i think 3 sessions a week would be better so i've started 1 session of free weights at home.

3) i'd say i eat pretty good. i do not eat fast food, i do not eat junk food (ok, maybe a cookie here and there but certainly not on a daily basis). i won't even buy ice cream from the grocery store because those have too many additives and junk. i make my own ice cream.

now on to my problem. i would like to "lose" 5-7lbs. that being said, it can also be loss in terms of inches...doesn't necessarily have to be lbs. the number on the scale does not matter. what matters is that i fit back into my clothes that i wore back in march. i mean, they do still fit but they are snug.

Sounds like you know exactly what your doing wrong.. Your not eating.. and that cut level is probably a bit high for where you want to be.. think more like 5-10% cut from your TDEE at the most to lose those last few pounds as it seems you are pretty skinny already.
    You have already started weight lifting, get into a program you like that involves your whole body or most major muscle groups and lift heavy.. Cut back on all that cardio as well if you haven't when you started lifting.. so maybe 1-2 days cardio and eat back most of those burned calories to NET your cut value.
  • flynnfinn
    Options

Sounds like you know exactly what your doing wrong.. Your not eating.. and that cut level is probably a bit high for where you want to be.. think more like 5-10% cut from your TDEE at the most to lose those last few pounds as it seems you are pretty skinny already.
    You have already started weight lifting, get into a program you like that involves your whole body or most major muscle groups and lift heavy.. Cut back on all that cardio as well if you haven't when you started lifting.. so maybe 1-2 days cardio and eat back most of those burned calories to NET your cut value.

thanks! yes, i am already lifting heavy. i'm not doing the heaviest weight i can do but i'm doing 3 sets x 15 reps of fairly heavy weight with good form. usually my last set is murder...i can barely pump out the last 5 reps. i guess i should look into lifting heavier or something like the stronglifts 5x5 program.

i know i need to cut that cardio but i swear, i am addicted to it. i yearn to do a quick run on the treadmill in the mid-mornings. it's so hard to not hop on the treadmill and just bang out a 30-45minute run or HIIT session. i think i'm one of those people that gets high on endorphins. it also doesn't help that i have a treadmill at home!

instead of the cardio, would something like circuit training WITH weights work as well? like lunges with shoulder presses? that type of thing?
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Taking a quick look at your food diary, I think you would notice a huge change if you changed your macros to 35% carb, 35% protein, 30% fat. Essentially, I think you need more protein.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    You look very slim. I'm not sure you need to lose weight?
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Taking a quick look at your food diary, I think you would notice a huge change if you changed your macros to 35% carb, 35% protein, 30% fat. Essentially, I think you need more protein.

More protein, completely agree. Break out the tins of tuna as a snack, and don't overlook protein shakes.
  • flynnfinn
    Options
    I've been slacking on the protein lately! I was doing 100g in the beginning easily but lately I've been lazy at lunch and not putting together a solid meal. will get on that STAT! thanks!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to lose weight? You look incredible.
  • flynnfinn
    Options
    thanks. I guess it's just those last 5 vanity pounds?? plus my clothes are on the snug side at the moment. I'd take inches lost over lbs. the scale is a non-issue for me really. just looking to trim down trouble areas.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

^ Agree. You are slim and very toned.
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    TTTTHHHIIISSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    thanks. I guess it's just those last 5 vanity pounds?? plus my clothes are on the snug side at the moment. I'd take inches lost over lbs. the scale is a non-issue for me really. just looking to trim down trouble areas.

Go lift some weights perhaps?
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Lift weights, eat more food, get enough protein.
  • flynnfinn
    Options

yes, I already do. 2x a week at the gym plus 1x at home with free weights. and no I don't use pink Barbie weights. I use big metal manly ones.

so I guess this really comes down to eating more. and really pushing myself with the weight lifting. alright...will give that a go. thanks!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

yes, I already do. 2x a week at the gym plus 1x at home with free weights. and no I don't use pink Barbie weights. I use big metal manly ones.

so I guess this really comes down to eating more. and really pushing myself with the weight lifting. alright...will give that a go. thanks!

Good luck to you. I am in the same boat, always wondering if I can ever fit in size 2 pants. :(

But I wonder, if you can ever lose that last 5 by lifting weights. You probably get even smaller and leaner than now but scale wise, I don't know if it is going to change since you are lifting heavy...
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    pink Barbie weights...this is funny. Mine are blue, guess they are Ken's weights?
    :blushing: