Looking for fresh motivation....

Options
Hello! I have been on and off with MFP for about 2.5 years. I did really well last year from March to September and then I went in to a vanishing act and gave up. I have been back and strong for almost 3 months...well a majority of my friends/support on here are MIA...no longer logging in, etc. I am just looking for some new friends that can offer support and that I can do the same in return.

I am a single mom, full time student, and work full time. I have lost 60 pounds so far and have about 90 more pounds to reach my ultimate goal. I got in this bad behavior of "Tomorrow is a new day". For some that is true if there is just a bad day here and there. But I would have a bad meal, then a bad day, then a bad week, and next thing you know I just give up. It's a vicious cycle for me.

As of now I am trying to clean eat as much as possible my main source of exercise is the treadmill. I really need to focus on more exercise. New friends would be greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    No one?
  • Evette7
    Evette7 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Meeeeeeeee! I'll send you a friend request now! I log in daily!
  • kngarber
    Options
    Got it! Thanks!
    Meeeeeeeee! I'll send you a friend request now! I log in daily!
  • nkfxo
    nkfxo Posts: 20
    Options
    Im here for ya too! I just started this new lifestyle and ready for some motivators/supporters!!!!
  • kngarber
    Options
    MFP is a wonderful resource. Especially after you get a good support system, :)
    Im here for ya too! I just started this new lifestyle and ready for some motivators/supporters!!!!
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Add meeeee, I think I'm getting addicted to MFP! (not a bad thing!!)
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new and log everyday, add me if you'd like.
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I'm back after a short mia, committed and logging on everyday. Friend request coming at you :)
  • RunningMatt77
    RunningMatt77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Stay positive is the key
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I got in this bad behavior of "Tomorrow is a new day".

My hope for you is that you lose this idea as it can be a very destructive thought. Try and change that thought to "Right now starts a new commitment" or something like that. The idea that one bad food choice or one decision to not exercise ruins a whole day or the remainder of a day of choices can be very destructive. Keep focusing on now and the choice you are making in the moment while not lingering on a prior poor choice.

Also, as many have said here before, look less for motivation and focus more on finding determination. For me, I like to think of the old addage of Just Do It. For me, I try to quit looking for a reason to do and just do it. once i make those better choices over and over and over, it becomes easier to continue making them. I establish better habits and routines that make it easier.

Tomorrow is a new day has been a problem for me and the statement can be made day after day after day. For me, tomorrow is a new day mentality becomes repetitive and forms the bad habits and routines that I want to avoid. Only my 2 cents and ymmv of course.
  • hopsywopsy
    Options
    Friend request on its way from across the pond!
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I too have been here about 2 years now. I lost 34 pounds and was doing great until I had a breast cancer scare and like any rational woman would do I drank 21lbs back on :laugh: SO no breast cancer but now I'm back to the starting gate! No more magaritas for me :sad:

We can do this!!!
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I try to post positive quotes and challenges throughout the week. I try to comment on everyone's page, but that doesn't always happen. But I am always happy to add more people to my "circle". and if you are up for some "daily challenges", take a look at my page each day for a new one! Best of luck to you!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been on and off with MFP for about 2.5 years. I did really well last year from March to September and then I went in to a vanishing act and gave up. I have been back and strong for almost 3 months...well a majority of my friends/support on here are MIA...no longer logging in, etc. I am just looking for some new friends that can offer support and that I can do the same in return.

I am a single mom, full time student, and work full time. I have lost 60 pounds so far and have about 90 more pounds to reach my ultimate goal. I got in this bad behavior of "Tomorrow is a new day". For some that is true if there is just a bad day here and there. But I would have a bad meal, then a bad day, then a bad week, and next thing you know I just give up. It's a vicious cycle for me.

As of now I am trying to clean eat as much as possible my main source of exercise is the treadmill. I really need to focus on more exercise. New friends would be greatly appreciated :)

I seem to be getting a lot of friend request, more than I imagined. I have trouble keeping up with everyone on my profile but I try to answer all questions. I am not a coach or PT, and I have no knowledge except over 30 years of personal experience and my life has changed dramatically in the last year because of my success. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout and http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/752246-i-m-afraid-to-try-an-new-weight-lifting-program-now
  • jenniferrow
    Options
    Keep going! Don't give up! Feel free to add me too. :)
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    add me!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I joined the beginning of the year and did really well to start with but then went a little AWOL.

All my friends disappeared. :-(

Anyway, I'm always good for new friends.

All I ask is that a message is with the invite so I know it's from here and not anywhere else.
  • kngarber
    Options
    Very good advice. Thank you!

My hope for you is that you lose this idea as it can be a very destructive thought. Try and change that thought to "Right now starts a new commitment" or something like that. The idea that one bad food choice or one decision to not exercise ruins a whole day or the remainder of a day of choices can be very destructive. Keep focusing on now and the choice you are making in the moment while not lingering on a prior poor choice.

Also, as many have said here before, look less for motivation and focus more on finding determination. For me, I like to think of the old addage of Just Do It. For me, I try to quit looking for a reason to do and just do it. once i make those better choices over and over and over, it becomes easier to continue making them. I establish better habits and routines that make it easier.

Tomorrow is a new day has been a problem for me and the statement can be made day after day after day. For me, tomorrow is a new day mentality becomes repetitive and forms the bad habits and routines that I want to avoid. Only my 2 cents and ymmv of course.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

^this! I hate the "tomorrow is a new day" mentality. It's destructive. I have some days I'm more proud of than others but I don't want friends that tell me tomorrow is a new day. I want friends who tell me they expect more from me. I want to expect more from myself. I'm look for more friends who #1 log in daily, #2 workout, #3 wants me to push myself instead of giving me excuses not to. I have had friends who enter 30 mins of light housekeeping everyday just to stay within calorie range instead of, God forbid, putting on a pair of sneakers and getting moving. Deleted. Sorry, but surrounding myself with friends like that is similar to an alcoholic hanging out with friends at the bar. My own grasp on fitness goals feels so tenuous some days I need stronger support. Yesterday I had a great workout and got several "good job" messages but my favorite was the one that took time to look in my diary and comment "oh veggies, where are you!" That's a friend.
  • kngarber
    Options
    YES YES YES! This is exactly what I need. Someone to tell the truth. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the support and kindness when I screw up...there is nothing wrong with that, but what you described is what I need!!

^this! I hate the "tomorrow is a new day" mentality. It's destructive. I have some days I'm more proud of than others but I don't want friends that tell me tomorrow is a new day. I want friends who tell me they expect more from me. I want to expect more from myself. I'm look for more friends who #1 log in daily, #2 workout, #3 wants me to push myself instead of giving me excuses not to. I have had friends who enter 30 mins of light housekeeping everyday just to stay within calorie range instead of, God forbid, putting on a pair of sneakers and getting moving. Deleted. Sorry, but surrounding myself with friends like that is similar to an alcoholic hanging out with friends at the bar. My own grasp on fitness goals feels so tenuous some days I need stronger support. Yesterday I had a great workout and got several "good job" messages but my favorite was the one that took time to look in my diary and comment "oh veggies, where are you!" That's a friend.