Replies

• Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Let's see your diary.
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try zig zagging your calories? It shocks your system :) Good luck. I know how frustrating it can be
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    kinda stupid to post something like this with a closed diary
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I have lost 28 pounds - i work out 5-6 times a week for about 35-40 mins. sometimes treadmill- elpict. and zumba.
    some days i do treadmill in the AM and zumba at night, just do that 1 day a week. but most its treadmill-

i cant lose anything. the scale hasnt moved in 2 weeks. i am getting so upset. bc i know i am working so hard.
    Does anyone have suggestions?

Your body loses weight in chunks, not linear. I have found that you can do everything right and your weight loss seems to plateau but if you are patient and keep exercising and eating at a deficit (however slight) you will lose it, it will suddenly "whoosh". There are so many variables for the scale; water retention, digestion, hormones, allergies, sodium, carbs, water intake, DOMS, inflammation, the list goes on. People mistakenly think they lose or gain weight when they eat more or less because of these fluctuations.

Losing weight requires tremendous patience. You will not lose it when you want it or where you want it. The body does its thing. Some apparent plateaus can last a month or so. You cannot make it happen faster. You must focus on two things; calories and exercise. Nothing else matters. Scales and metrics don't matter. The day in and day out grind of exercise and calories are all that matters. It is not very exciting until things fall into place. You get your victories and you ride one victory to the next.

The scale is a trend tool. The scale is good but put it away and only check once a week and only use it as a trend tool. It will fluctuate, it does not matter. Take front side and back progress pictures at least once a month. You will see differences that the metrics won't tell you and it's that little bit of NSV that will keep you going until the next victory.

What is the exact number of calories for you?

We’ve been trying to figure out an exact NUMBER of calories that everyone should be eating, without recognizing that everyone is slightly different. In truth, the calories aren’t the end game. Your body is. So the EXACT amount of Calories that are right for you is the EXACT amount that will allow you to maintain your ideal bodyweight no matter what some calculator or chart says.

In other words, an online calculator might tell you that you need to eat 2,500 calories
    per day to maintain your ideal bodyweight. But the only way to know for sure if this is
    the right amount for you is to test it out. If you gain weight or can’t lose weight eating
    that much, then you know you need to eat less to lose weight no matter how many
    calculators and text books say otherwise.

This doesn’t mean your metabolism is broken, it just means the estimate of your needs
    was just a bit off.

-John Barban (The Body Centric Calorie Guide from the Venus Index and Adonis Index Manuals)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/759145-a-free-paper-about-calorie-deficit
  • krisha36
    Options
    only my friends can see my diary
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    i think i will keep things to myself. i thought this site was to help out. it seems people think they are smarter then everyone else. i have seen to many women bulk up and without drugs. and i will not be one of them,,, i have been doing fine on my own for the last 2 months and losing 25 pounds. when u become a dr. then talk to me., i will not be asking anymore questions. and i will continue to do on my OWN

This site does have some "know it alls" that will call you a moron because you don't do what they do. I said before maybe try zig zagging your calories. Or add some strength training in. Man I have LOST so much with Jillian Michaels body revolution. Good luck, hon! Some of us are here to be supportive
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Muscle and bulk will not magically appear if you work out with weights. I was stuck after having done a lot of cardio and crafting my diet. I've started working out with weights in addition to the cardio/diet.. and still haven't gained bulk. You're seriously doing yourself a disservice by not doing it.

Also, this is a place of support. Just because people are telling you something you don't want to hear, doesn't make it untrue. I wish someone had told me 130 lbs ago "hey dude, you're kinda fat and unhealthy." It wouldn't have been fun to hear, but it wouldn't have made it false.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    there will be no more questions.. BS u do bulk up without drugs and i have seen it..
    Perhaps we are defining 'bulk' differently.

Anyway, congrats on your loss. I don't agree with the way you are going through this change, but who am I to judge. I just help men and women achieve the fitness goals they desire.

Also, don't take things so personally. I think we tend to read into everyone's words with a bit too much emphasis on snark.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I think maybe your definition of "bulking up" is different than some of the prople that responded and that's fine. My definition of bulking up is visible muscles you can see like on those who body build and compete in fitness competitions. I do think that level is very hard to get to but maybe what you thinko f when you say "bulking up" is different.

I think if you listen to your doctor and your trainer you'll be doing better than half the pople here!