What Kind of Shoes Do you Wear

Options
What kind of shoes do you work out in? I know I am flat foot but I swear my feet start aching so bad when I am working out!

Replies

• happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Bumping for responses, too.

I usually am a Nike lover for every day shoes but for working out I have a pair of Puma's that are really doing well. And my classic Reebok Zig's are great, but they are worn out and I need a new pair of those.
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I work out in my Nike Free's and I run in Brooks.
  • SFbarmaid
    SFbarmaid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Nike for running (got em for $20 at TJ maxx!!
    and pumas for my lifting days...comfy and keep me stable.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Saucony running shoes.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Vibram Komodos, Nike Free Trainers, Nike Shox, Air MaX 90.s
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Vibram Five Finger KSOs for running, totally barefoot for lifting!
  • dexfatpants
    dexfatpants Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Reebok Yourflex & trueflex. Most comfortable shoes ever! But if you get them make sure to get a waterproof spray or your feet will get wet.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    If I lift @ the gym I wear wrestling shoes - great for squats and deadlifts. But I usually workout @ home so it's socks or bare feet.

Running - I just bought a pair of the new Nike Lunarglides and they are super comfortable.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    What kind of shoes do you work out in? I know I am flat foot but I swear my feet start aching so bad when I am working out!

I have flat feet. I wear running shoes designed for over pronating:

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-240-319-327-7727-0,00.html

But when I lift weights in the gym I wear flat shoes like converse because it's better for keeping your balance when weight lifting. I'm wearing some cheap little girls similar to converse style right now. Basically you want to be close to being barefoot, but you really want shoes on just for hygiene. Then I switch to the running shoes and only wear them for running.
  • Melolicious
    Melolicious Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love New Balance! I have wide feet but not in the toe box like most brands accomadate for but through my arches, similiar to Fred Flintstone and New Balance is cut a litte wder there. I can grab any pair in my size and they fit great. I have crosstrainers, runners, trail runners and minimus too. We do different things, no one shoe can be everything for you all the time. (Well, maybe Vibrams, lol)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Vibram Komodosport LS is the only thing I wear in the gym, walking/hiking will switch up between the Komodosport LS and the Bikila LS
  • jstandfield
    jstandfield Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Vibram 5 fingers, Nike free trainers, and Innovate minimalist shoes.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    New Balance and Saucony and alternate between the two. Do you have a Running Room or a similiar store nearby where they will evaluate your feet and provide you with suggestions as to the best shoes for you?
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have a flat foot as well. I use Vibram Sprint, K Swiss Blade-Max Trail Shoes and Saucony Progrid Mirage.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I am an Asics girl, myself. I just bought a new pair of Gel Nimbus 14s and they are SWWWEEEETTT...
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Edit: Oops, didnt read it properly!!

But, seeing as I work out at home, and we have carpet, I tend to go barefoot
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    I work out in New Balance MT101's and run in Brooks Pure Connects.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    New Balance and Saucony and alternate between the two. Do you have a Running Room or a similiar store nearby where they will evaluate your feet and provide you with suggestions as to the best shoes for you?

I second this suggestion. I was having problems with tendonitis (tibular) and ankle pain, until I had a gait analysis done and bought some Nike Dual Fusion ST2 trainers which are perfect...
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    But, seeing as I work out at home, and we have carpet, I tend to go barefoot

i do too. I always thought this was "bad"...and I had a little bit of pain in my feet and shins at first but now I absolutely can not stand my athletic shoes! I wear them to walk my dog and I can only handle them for about 20 minutes at a time before they start driving me nuts. Looking into getting some Five Fingers for outdoor activities now.