When and what did you first notice when you lost weight?

Options
Hi! I just wondered what should I look out for or notice when losing weight?

What was your first 'milestone'? How did you feel?

I've not had a 'happy jeans moment' or a 'wow! that bikini looks hot on me' moment yet.

I have notice the reduction in cellulite (yay!!) and sadly shrinking boobs :-(

My first milestone is to fit in a coat my boyfriend bought me and I've never worn as my arms were too fat for it and it's been too embarrassing to tell him I can't fit in it. I'd like to be able to get in it for our anniversary.

Replies

• Bossit
    Bossit Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    protruding hip bones!
    I was reading in bed and felt this like hard lump on my side. I freaked out for a second. Oh! its just my hip bone haaha
  • Kelly0572
    Kelly0572 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    back fat, yay :) and shrinking boobs :(
  • Silly_Sara
    Silly_Sara Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Being able to zip up a hoodie my sister gave me without sucking it in and feeling like the jelly in a stuffed donut!
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    When all my frickin clothes started falling off. I don't see me looking thinner but my clothes speak otherwise.
  • chinatbag
    chinatbag Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Looking at an old photo of my face side by side with my face today. It still isn't settling in.

Edit: As in, I can see it, but I don't feel it.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    All of my pants being baggy in the hips.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    When all my frickin clothes started falling off. I don't see me looking thinner but my clothes speak otherwise.

No kidding. I don't feel any different (just healthier and less winded) mentally, but even my self judgement made me go get some non parachute clothes. The sizes are smaller now, but I'm still waiting for my brain to catch up!
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    When I saw my jaw bone, collar bone, and my boobs went down a size.
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My feet!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I noticed that I had adonis lines coming in just recently. Then I noticed that I could see and feel veins that I couldn't before. My clothes don't fit so well anymore also.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    less jiggle while moving

hubby not straining to lift me

boobs shrank, but not as much as i expected

feet, fingers, face and etc shrink too

no rubbing legs

less cloths ripping/wear

i like shopping more

happier.
  • RunningOnPurple
    RunningOnPurple Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just realized this last night, actually. My walk to get to class is up a slight hill and I'm always struggling with it. Last night i wasn't winded, but I thought it was because I wasn't really paying attention because I was on the phone, but I walked the same way tonight and it wasn't as hard as it used to be.
  • kbitikofer
    kbitikofer Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    my ribs...or really i should say that from my waist to my arm pits became smaller, also my face gets thinner when i lose weight (the dreaded double chin is gone is photos!).
  • geminai
    geminai Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    After about 10 pounds, I was able to wear my wedding ring again. That was a biggie for me. :)
  • SweetMe1
    SweetMe1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I weighed 300+ pounds (click on the link to show all my profile photos to see one taken then--I put it out there to remind myself how far I've come!) and somewhere after losing 70 pounds I realized I couldn't wear my favorite skirt anymore without being in danger of it falling off! I bought another just like it in a smaller size and it was the first time in a long time I hadn't purchased something in a plus size. I was thrilled!

And then there was the time my husband and I went shopping and were briefly separated. He saw me, but he looked right past me because he didn't recognize me!

I've lost more than 100 pounds since then, but I still have a ways to get to to my final goal with the help of MFP.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I guess - going from a size 22 to a tight-ish size 14, when I slipped the pants on I literally laughed out loud in the Old Navy dressing room. Just like a crazed loon. And when I felt like I lost enough fat in my face to get a pixie cut.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just wondered what should I look out for or notice when losing weight?

What was your first 'milestone'? How did you feel?

I've not had a 'happy jeans moment' or a 'wow! that bikini looks hot on me' moment yet.

I have notice the reduction in cellulite (yay!!) and sadly shrinking boobs :-(

My first milestone is to fit in a coat my boyfriend bought me and I've never worn as my arms were too fat for it and it's been too embarrassing to tell him I can't fit in it. I'd like to be able to get in it for our anniversary.

The first milestones seem to be just fitting into smaller clothes.

Then it's seeing anatomy that has been buried under fat all those years.

The face and everything gets leaner, the fat behind the arms goes away, the waist goes down.

It takes awhile for the bikini to look good.

What I like is that the muscles finally show, and the abs.

It is totally fun. It's still work to maintain. It's been a little over a year for me but I don't mind the effort of watching my calories because I don't EVER want to go back to what I was. I have a new life. Everyone teases my husband that he has a new wife in middle age (and he didn't have to divorce and remarry), he is the envy of his friends, and that makes me happy that he could have that. He always says it's like I got a 2nd chance at youth. And many of my health problems have subsided and my chronic back pain for 15 years is completely gone. Guess carrying around a huge 60 lb back pack on my small 5'1" frame was kinda hard on my back and hip joints.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Lost 10" on my waist
    Lost 4" in my bra size
    My hands, shoulders, and ribs do have bones... i've never seen them before
    Every single piece of clothing I own is too big, even the stuff I bought 2 months a ago

But when I look in the mirror, I don't see a change,,, but the other things say more than the mirror.
  • RumRum85
    RumRum85 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    One day (after 3 months of starting with diet) there were no clean t-shirts so had to look to those untouched clothes that people have gifted me on past birthdays (and never went to change for bigger size) and magic, they fitted.

Would like to tell something else, but I'm realizing that particularly today, the (few) english skills I have are not working.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I don't know that it was a "milestone", but 5lbs in I could tell my jeans were looser. That motivated me to keep going.