Options

Replies

• sundoll24
    Options
    Spirit in the Sky.. it was what she wanted..lol
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Not sure I'd call it "funny", but "Freewill" (by Rush) at a memorial service for a suicide.
  • PeteyogiW
    Options
    I loved the ideas:bigsmile: After doing two very serious and tearful funerals for my parents (2009 & 2010) I'm now going to give my own some serious thought because I do want mine to be more upbeat and fun:wink:
    I'm exactly the same! It's a celebration of your life! Go for it :drinker:
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    We used to say among ourselves at the FH that I used to work at: "we put the fun in funeral"!

lol we used to say that too.. or the FUN in DysFUNctional, lol. ;) Best job ever.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I worked in a funeral home and honesly don't have a ton of "fun" stories to tell, minus things about strange characters and their even stranger families. I do wish that people would have more fun at their funerals like the previous posts, ha. You only do it once, right?

I know my mom wanted a party at hers but I could not bring myself to do it. I was hurting way to much and my brother was of no help... Maybe her spirit is not at rest from the lame funeral haha

My mom said she wants hers to be a party too...and that she heard about some thing where you can have your ashes compressed and with enough pressure it turns into a diamond-like stone. She wants my sister and I to be able to wear her diamond-ashes around our necks for the rest of our lives BECAUSE MY MOM IS A CREEP. It's seriously no wonder we're not normal.
  • HazelCaz
    HazelCaz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    At a funeral I went to recently of a friend I grew up with, we all did "Father Abraham" with all the goofy hand and body motions. Does anybody know that one?
    "Father Abraham had many sons, many sons had Father Abraham, they never laughed, they never cried....all they did was go like this, With a Right......." And then you sing it while shaking your right hand. By the end, you're wiggling so many body parts while you're singing that we all looked like complete idiots. It was a favorite of David's.
    Very weird for a funeral.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My mother wants Amazing grace played on Bagpipes so everyone is sobbing and weeping, and then immediately break in to a rousing chorus of "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead"
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Keep up with me here: My Aunt's ex-husbands sister, yeah, I think that's right... Anyway, had American Woman played at her funeral.
  • jlp4204
    Options
    When my uncle died he was a big willie nelson fan and had alot of girls friends, He was 65 when he died. They played Blue eyes cryin' in the rain. You could hear all the women sobbing sitting behind us. He would have loved it!!!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    To All the Girls I've Loved Brfore by Julio Iglesias.

No joke.
    I LOL'd at this one.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    My mother wants Amazing grace played on Bagpipes so everyone is sobbing and weeping, and then immediately break in to a rousing chorus of "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead"
    Also this :laugh: :laugh:
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I worked in a funeral home and honesly don't have a ton of "fun" stories to tell, minus things about strange characters and their even stranger families. I do wish that people would have more fun at their funerals like the previous posts, ha. You only do it once, right?

I know my mom wanted a party at hers but I could not bring myself to do it. I was hurting way to much and my brother was of no help... Maybe her spirit is not at rest from the lame funeral haha

My mom said she wants hers to be a party too...and that she heard about some thing where you can have your ashes compressed and with enough pressure it turns into a diamond-like stone. She wants my sister and I to be able to wear her diamond-ashes around our necks for the rest of our lives BECAUSE MY MOM IS A CREEP. It's seriously no wonder we're not normal.

lol!!! I'm a complete and total creep, too. My oldest kiddo is clearly following in my creepo footsteps. They're going to blame me for a lot of things in their future therapy sessions.
  • ifitkillsme
    Options
    bump
  • ScumbagSteve
    ScumbagSteve Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Fireball by willow
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    My youngest cousin Brian died rather suddenly of cancer earlier this year. He was always a joker, the life and soul of the party, so it was very apt (and I should have seen it coming), that the minister ended the service with

"And let us never forget the life of Brian...."

as they launched into Always Look on the Bright Side of Life.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My father has a very specific list of things he wants at his funeral, and he tells us all the time that he will come back to haunt us if we don't comply. One of my favorites, he wants his coffin spring loaded, so that he can "pop up" when certain people come up to the coffin.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    At a funeral I went to recently of a friend I grew up with, we all did "Father Abraham" with all the goofy hand and body motions. Does anybody know that one?
    "Father Abraham had many sons, many sons had Father Abraham, they never laughed, they never cried....all they did was go like this, With a Right......." And then you sing it while shaking your right hand. By the end, you're wiggling so many body parts while you're singing that we all looked like complete idiots. It was a favorite of David's.
    Very weird for a funeral.

I love that song! I remember that from when I was a kid.
  • KristysLosing
    Options

You're mom is awesome! lol
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    A good mate of mine died young after a life with MS. ( He used marijuana through his life of MS! ).
    He set out his own funeral.
    First tune, while we all sat there was. Bob Dylan, "everybody must get stoned", we were in stitches.
    Then as the coffin went in to the fire, Monty Pythons, " Always look on the bright side of life " belted out.
    What a guy :-)
    What a send off!!!
    The place was packed :-)

I love the music choices! So you actually watched he coffin go into the fire? I didn't know it worked that way.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    My youngest cousin Brian died rather suddenly of cancer earlier this year. He was always a joker, the life and soul of the party, so it was very apt (and I should have seen it coming), that the minister ended the service with

"And let us never forget the life of Brian...."

as they launched into Always Look on the Bright Side of Life.

Awesome!!!