Have you ever found money?

Options
AlbaAngel25
AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
I once found a $200 bucks in an ATM at a local grocery store and $50 bucks on the ground..I was so shocked lol
my hubby found $600 in-between a seat back in a NYC cab.... :)

Where did you find money, and how much :)

Replies

• Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i found $900 in the ground it was in a blank bank envelope, i had no idea how to trace it back to someone, posted on CL, a week or so later donated some and went shopping
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Thats so nice of you!!
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I found $90 in the street outside some bars. I figured someone lost it when they pulled out their keys/wallet to go home. I gave $20 to a homeless man, and I spent the rest, because I'm evil like that. Finders, keepers.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    The most i've found was $60 in the cash return machine at the walmart do it yourself registers.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I found a bunch of really dirty singles once.
  • ForeverChasingTheSunsets
    Options
    The most I ever found was $20 on the ground in a parking lot at a mall during Christmas time. My kids hardly ever get fast food as I can't afford it usually. This was awesome as I was running late and had a class at the gym so I picked up some Subway for the kids on the way home.
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm always teasing my husband that he wants me to go with him on a drive because he doesn't want to have to get out to open gates. We got to this gate in the middle of the desert, middle of nowhere. I got out to open it and found two hundred dollar bills on the ground next to it. They had been there for a while, probably weeks. They had been run over and smashed in to the dirt a few times. That's reason enough for me to open gates from now on! :drinker:
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I found two 20$ bills at the car wash last week. The wind was blowing and I was the only one there, so I stuck it in my pocket and went and put gas in my truck.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    $80 bucks in back seat of a rental car I was driving..
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    I'm always teasing my husband that he wants me to go with him on a drive because he doesn't want to have to get out to open gates. We got to this gate in the middle of the desert, middle of nowhere. I got out to open it and found two hundred dollar bills on the ground next to it. They had been there for a while, probably weeks. They had been run over and smashed in to the dirt a few times. That's reason enough for me to open gates from now on! :drinker:

nice!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    $40.00 in an ATM. I took it and felt guilty so donated it to a charity my girlfriend works at. Still waiting for my good karma on that one.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    I found $90 in the street outside some bars. I figured someone lost it when they pulled out their keys/wallet to go home. I gave $20 to a homeless man, and I spent the rest, because I'm evil like that. Finders, keepers.

well played..
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My car got in an accident, and one of the men who was fixing it dropped a 100 dollar bill in it. I called the repair shop, but no one claimed the money, so I got to keep it!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    The most I have found is $20.....
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have found some whilst out on walks before, I donate it to whatever charity I am raising for at the time.
  • jillybean_75
    jillybean_75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I find a quarter or a nickel and pennies underneath my couch cushion. Or when you go to do laundry and find a $5 bill in your pocket. I'm not very good at finding other people's money, unfortunately. :ohwell:
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    $40 at a drive thru ATM
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    We stopped at an empty rest area in the middle of the night and DH was headed to the bathroom while I sat in the car, he came right back and threw something in my lap and said count it. It was a huge roll of 20's. $1000.

We decided there was one very pissed off drug dealer somewhere.

We also found 60,00 pounds in an ally in Wales once.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    WOW that is a LOT of $$$

My 7 yr old found a $5 bill in the grocery store and was happy as a clam. I found a $20 on the way to the bus as a kid.

But the best story - once a complete stranger gave my family a $100 bill and told us to do something special together! It was the most amazing thing!
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I found $40 once on the floor of Meijer's. I turned it over to customer service. I wouldn't feel right using money someone lost.

The better half found $200 at an ATM. He turned it over to the bank. When he went to turn it in, the elderly man who left it was there asking for someone to look at the tape to see who took his money after he took his bank card and accidentally left the money. The better half got a Starbucks gift card from the man that he purchased earlier that day. :D