Local News Woman takes on Bullying over email about weight

Options
Hey Everyone,

This morning a local news woman addressed an email she received from a local lawyer who felt that because she is overweight she is not taking her responsibility as a role model seriously. Her name is Jennifer Livingston. I have watched her for years and met her once. She is kind, sweet, funny, beautiful and an upstanding member of our community. She took something that would have dragged many down and turned it into something positive. This is inspiring. Please watch and share on your social network pages. We want to get her out there and show her that she is loved and supported. Thank you!

http://video.news8000.com/watch.php?id=36335

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    sweet
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have goosebumps. What an amazing woman.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    http://www.facebook.com/news8thismorning

Here is where you can find them on facebook. Please leave a message of support!
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Wenzday7777
    Options
    i applaude this woman. When I was going to college for a media degree i worked at several tv station in my area. And though i did alot of off camera work i was never allowed on camera after applying several times and for positions i was finally told i was too big to be on tv and perhaps radio would be more to my skill. I had gotten sick in college and gained weigh and they could never find the cause till much later on in life I went to many dr to find out it was a series of things that caused it. It was not due to my eat or anything of that nature. I was devistated. Even though we had Oprah and others, I was good enough for behinds the scene but not infront. I did go into radio but that was short lived as well they are not very woman friendly either. I was offered to read books to the blind in college after that because they didnt care what you looked like. I gave up my dreams of being an acchor or host because of my size. And its been shadowing me ever since. I am so impressed with this woman and how eliquant she was.

I have now started to do something about my weight and and have lost 109 lbs since January of this year. And yes i did have surgery. But I am taking back my life and its a strugle one day at a time, because thats all i can do. We must stop this BULLYING NO MATTER WHAT ITS ABOUT!
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Very well spoken!!