do we loose weight faster in winter?

Options
hey guys, can anyone tell me if we loose weigh faster in winter? it's really cold here and i am beating all records on loosing weight

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    From my understanding and personal experience, we tend to crave more food in the colder months. Maybe you're just a lucky exception. :)
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    hi brenda...
    well i dont eat more in the winter, meaning that i will loose the calories that my body is starving for right?
  • xeniasimms
    Options
    I read that when it's cold your body has to work harder to keep you warm and as a result, you burn more calories. That may explain it. The problem is, many people associate food with feeling warm and tend to use the consumption of more food as a way to warm up. So these people counteract the natural extra weight loss by consuming more calories.
  • burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    shivering burns calories and works your muscles...maybe that helps.

Maybe you're just doing well mate.

keep it up dude!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    not unless you do something that requires your body to work harder in the winter. In fact for many species, the winter adds weight to their frame. But for humans, no not really. It could be that for you, the summer means more food just by routine, or maybe summer means less activity (believe it or not) because you schedule more social activities which means less workout time. Or maybe you have a penchant for the spirits in the summer? Consuming more alcohol (even adding 2 or 3 drinks a week) can drastically effect your weight loss. Or maybe it finally just clicked for you this winter. sometimes it just takes a while.

Whatever it is, I say, don't question it, just go with it.

Luck,

Banks