What a difference a SCALE makes!

Options
sdirks
sdirks Posts: 223 Member
I'm a cheapskate. I wash clothes in the bathtub because I think the drycleaner is too expensive--I'm THAT cheap. :laugh: And I've been using an archaic scale I picked up at a garage sale maybe 6 years ago. It's pink, squeaks when you step on it, and was probably made in 1963.

My coworker got a new scale for Christmas and was kind enough to offer me her old one--lightyears ahead of my scale, technology-wise. Just for kicks, I stepped on it when she gave it to me this morning (still wearing my winter boots). My pink monstrosity at home tells me I've lost 4 pounds. According to modern technology, I've actually lost 13! With BOOTS on! :tongue:

Time to update my goal weight!

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    WOW WTG!!!!!
  • MrsBlaze
    Options
    Thats funny!! :laugh: Way to go on the weight loss! :flowerforyou:
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    How do you wash dry clean only clothes in a bathtub? :huh:
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    I celebrate your cheap victory with you!!!

I had a similar 20 lb weight loss when I realized my scale wasn't accurate above 270 lbs. I thought I was starting at 300 lbs when I was actually starting at 280 lbs. I now use my Wii to weigh myself.
  • linnebooc
    linnebooc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! See that's what I've been bugging my mom to update hers. She has one of those 1960's ones too (doesn't go above 250 lbs.) She may be surprised at what she actually does weigh lol
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options

It's actually really simple. Cold water, Woolite, 10 minute soak and a quick scrub. Don't wring them out--just push the soapy water out against the side of the tub, give 'em a good rinse under the faucet, then press the water out again. I use a $30 iron/steamer from Target and a bottle of spray starch and my suits look better than my local cleaners.

FYI, dry cleaning chemicals are very harsh on your clothes when used regularly--especially on knits, wools and tweeds. Your clothes will actually last longer if you wash them at home... plus, bending over the tub for 20 minutes is a great upper body & abb workout! :wink:
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options

It's actually really simple. Cold water, Woolite, 10 minute soak and a quick scrub. Don't wring them out--just push the soapy water out against the side of the tub, give 'em a good rinse under the faucet, then press the water out again. I use a $30 iron/steamer from Target and a bottle of spray starch and my suits look better than my local cleaners.

FYI, dry cleaning chemicals are very harsh on your clothes when used regularly--especially on knits, wools and tweeds. Your clothes will actually last longer if you wash them at home... plus, bending over the tub for 20 minutes is a great upper body & abb workout! :wink:

That's really interesting! I might try it sometime!
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I had one like that too, it was horrible. I thought I was never making any progress, until l got my WiiFit and started to use that everyday as a scale. I could actually see the results then.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I celebrate your cheap victory with you!!!

I had a similar 20 lb weight loss when I realized my scale wasn't accurate above 270 lbs. I thought I was starting at 300 lbs when I was actually starting at 280 lbs. I now use my Wii to weigh myself.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!