Doing it for the kids

Options
So, I have five children (two born to me, 3 step), work nights, and love to eat!!! So, dieting is very hard for me. But, by following MFP guidelines, I lost nine pounds in one week. I am elated! I just wanted to share the most motivating part of my week... On day 6, my eight year old watched me put on my heart monitor, therefore, he saw my belly. He says, "Mom, I think your... no offense but last time I saw your belly you were kinda fat." He gave me the biggest hug and said, "Now I can have my skinny mom back!!"

I am very concerned about week two, because I don't expect to lose much if anything. But I'm not giving up!!! For all those with hectic schedules out there, you can do it! It's like Jillian says on the biggest loser, it's a choice. It's time for us mom's to make time for ourselves. Our kids will be greatful in the long run!

Replies

• MrsBlaze
    Options
    I think you are going to do GREAT!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I too am a mother to small children, and it is very easy to just grab something quick and fattening when you are chasing them around. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: You have made the conscious decision to lose weight and it WILL happen! I just know it!:happy:

PS: What your son said to you made me tear up a little! Isn't it all worth it?? :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: