Best and Worst Automobile....

pawnstarNate
pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
What was the best and worst ones you have owned...

Best: 99 Mustang GT....had 1.5 miles off the showroom floor

Worst: 64 Falcon I drove home from my dads used car lot sitting on a milk crate when I was 16. Drove it back to his car lot 2 weeks later.

Replies

• MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Best was a 95 GMC Sierra 1500 , I still miss that truck and wish I hadn't have sold it. It made it to 300,000 miles before my husband talked me into selling it afraid that it would start having problems. That was 2 years ago and I still see the guy driving it :-(

Worst ever was an 85 Yugo!!
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Best = 1986 Acrua Legend. 295,000 and it still ran like a bat outta hell. My Father purchased it brand new and I bought it off him back in 1999.
    I sold it because of rust holes in the firewall.

Worst = 2001 Pontiac Aztek. I bought it brand new and didn't even make it home. The torque converter locked up so it would stall every time I stopped. It was fixed in two days and, a week later, the pass side axle fell out. I lemon lawed it.
    Ironiclly, I bought another 2001 Aztek and never had a single problem.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Best was a 95 GMC Sierra 1500 , I still miss that truck and wish I hadn't have sold it. It made it to 300,000 miles before my husband talked me into selling it afraid that it would start having problems. That was 2 years ago and I still see the guy driving it :-(

Yugo...now there's a car from the past! I wouldn't mind having one now to putt around in and save gas. Currently driving Silverado Z71 with 224k miles but, love that truck
  • Best - 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX - turbocharged all wheel drive goodness, silly fast, unbeatable in the snow, reliable, great mpg and its pretty

Worst - 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix GT - great looks, sounded great, but trans sucked, replaced twice before 100k, premature body rust, and consumed brake pads almost seasonally. UGH.

I did own a Mustang GT as well, and it was fun car but the Subaru beats it because it was **** in the winter and its V8 is too thirsty.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Worst- 89 Grand Voyager

Best/Current 87 Mustang 5.0
  • sktllmdrhmzz
    sktllmdrhmzz Posts: 189 Member
    Best - '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    Worst - '10 Honda Insight
  • heyshell79
    heyshell79 Posts: 65 Member
    I am a huge VW fan and the best cars I've had been VW's. Remembering my 1968 Beetle that I drove in the late 70's brings tears to my eyes, now I have my dream car however, a '09 Rabbit 2.5L 5speed. She's a beauty. WORST- 1990 Dodge Caravan, worst "car" ever. I got rid of that and the husband who bought it for me in quick order.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Best was a '98 Camaro SS. I still miss that bathtub on wheels. The pirouettes were something to experience. But it was fast, growly, and tons of fun with the t-tops off.

Haven't had a worst car, really. I guess I'll give it to the 3.2L Audi engine.
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member

Yugo...now there's a car from the past! I wouldn't mind having one now to putt around in and save gas. Currently driving Silverado Z71 with 224k miles but, love that truck

The one thing a Yugo will do is save gas. I plan on getting another truck soon, right now I drive a Trailblazer but miss having a truck. It will be Chevy or GMC for sure.
  • vikingchix
    vikingchix Posts: 105 Member
    I am driving my dream car! I love, love, love how I feel every time I turn the key and step on the gas!

The worst was a 1979, Ford Farmont Futura. Big car, four banger engine...not going anywhere fast....and it came with beautiful red/black plaid seats. I used to tell people that the bagpipes were in the trunk!
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Worst: 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
    Best: 2007 Infiniti G35S Sedan
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    worst was a pt cruiser, damn thing couldn't turn for crap. I hated it. I'm fond of the Tahoe I currently own, shiny, custom everything, and paid off.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Best: 94 Dodge Shadow. It looked like hell,but never gave me any trouble. Started right up every winter.

Worst: 98 Ford Taurus *surprise surprise* : practically blew up on the highway
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Best 2002 Camry
    Worst 1998 Olds INTRIGUE
    I must say though from what I have seen over the years the worst care are anything made by Pontiac.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    I am driving the biggest POS man ever made. A 1999 Honda CRV I broke my rear drive shaft last night coming home from work and to replace it is gonna cost me anywhere from $400-$700. I have spent more money on that vehicle in the 2 years that I have had it. the first 3 months I had it I had to replace the radiator, then I have spent money on tie rods, ball joints, axl's tires, I swear I think I was sold the biggest lemon ever!!!!
  • Worst: 1976 Dodge Aspen station wagon
    Best: My current one, Toyota RAV4
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    My best has been my 2007 Honda Accord

Worst.. Omg was my 1998 Mazda 626. Straight up POS! (Piece of *kitten*)
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Best = 1986 Acrua Legend. 295,000 and it still ran like a bat outta hell. My Father purchased it brand new and I bought it off him back in 1999.
    I sold it because of rust holes in the firewall.

Worst = 2001 Pontiac Aztek. I bought it brand new and didn't even make it home. The torque converter locked up so it would stall every time I stopped. It was fixed in two days and, a week later, the pass side axle fell out. I lemon lawed it.
    Ironiclly, I bought another 2001 Aztek and never had a single problem.

I had a Red Aztek 2001 - it was legit with the tent package. Though everyone hated it. It worked great for moving anything

Worst Car 2007 Pontiac G6 - Lemon lawed it.

Tie between 2001 - Chevrolet Monte Carlo - still miss that car. It was huge as hell.... but fun to drive.
    and 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP - i love the look of it and 80k mi in, it still runs good.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    BEST 1976 Chevy Camaro. My first car & it was built like a tank - which was good due to the many fender benders I got in while I had it.

WORST: 2007 Cadillac CTS Fuel line problem. It would never fill my tank up all the way without shutting the gas pump off after every dollar. The mechanic at the dealership spent the entire day working on it & "couldn't find anything wrong" so I had the mechanic go with me to the gas station, so he could see what it does. After the first $2 of gas went into my tank, it shut off. The car was soon recalled as a "lemon" after that.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Best: 1969 Camaro Z28 I bought with help from my girl friend in 1974 when I was 16. I did end up marrying her so I didnt have to pay her back. =) I sold the Camaro for 3 X what I payed for it in 1979 after my daughter was born. =) Worst: 1990 Ford Ranger, one of the years the paint came off the primer.