My progress so far - SInce May (PICS)

Options
Hello All-

I started my life change back in May 2012 after my wife was hospitilized with pancreatitis for 20 days. When she was released they gave her a very low fat diet to help her recover. Watching her almost die in the hospital (26 years old) was the hardest thing I have ever done and when she was released I made it a point to make our lives better for us and more importantly our new baby girl who was born in January 2012.

So I followed the diet that they gave her, which now that I look back on probably wasnt very healthy for me since my digestive system wasnt having problems like hers but it worked. I started at 299 lbs and after 2 months of following that diet and walking about 5 nights a week for a mile or two each time I shedded 40 pounds. I stopped drinking alcohol, I no longer ate fast food, i rarely chose red meat, no cheese, no eggs, and I STOPPED EATING ICE CREAM.

In August my progress came to a hault, so i figured I needed to change something up. I started cardio and strength training a few days a week while continuing my diet. Shortly after that I found MFP and it opened my eyes up to a whole list of things i was doing incorrectly and I needed to tweek some things. I started eating more and a lot of different things to get the correct amount of carbs, fats and protien. I EAT ICE CREAM ALMOST EVERDAY (in moderation of course).

I recently moved and no longer have access to machines to do lifting so i purchased an adjustable bench and dumbbells and started a 3 day a week full body routine. Mon/Wed/Fri I hit the street for a 3-5 mile jog and on Tues/Thurs/Sat I do HIIT on the treadmill for 30 mins (same day i do weights).

i've lost a total of 66 pounds so far and i know how awesome it would be to say I lost 100 pounds but I would be just as happy with getting down to 220 ( which would mean healthy BMI)

Here is a before/after of my progress:

beforeandafter.jpg

Replies

• OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    meh- picture fail :( little help please?
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    change the IMG to lower case on both. :)
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    beforeandafter.jpg
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!

You just had to change the IMG at the beginning and end of the link to img
  • tundeke
    tundeke Posts: 80
    Options
    Good looking lad! :) Congratulations!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Great work Bud! :drinker:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!! CONGRATS and continued success!!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • meenzer
    meenzer Posts: 100
    Options
    Awesome job, be proud!
  • HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Well done!! You can really tell in your mid-section and face.
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You look incredible and I think it needs to be said that you are an amazing man for eating what she ate during her restrictive diet. I would imagine that made it so much easier for her to do because she had your support and encouragement. She is a lucky woman and I hope she is doing better too.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby .... glad to hear that your wife is ok ..... and SUPER work on losing weight :drinker:
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Nicely Done, Great Progress!
  • ashRodrigue
    ashRodrigue Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Great work & dedication!
  • irisic
    irisic Posts: 55
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! Glad to hear your wife is ok and keep up the great work! ICE CREAM :-P we can tell your weakness
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone ! Also thanks for the pic help :)
  • Dont_Eat_Me
    Dont_Eat_Me Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump :-)
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your baby girl :) and the weight loss you look great!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic story and kudos to you for following the diet given to your wife too...how caring are you :-)

I hope all your family progress in a fantastic way and enjoy your ice cream!!!
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    You look GREAT! :smile: So very glad your wife is doing well and she didn't have any more complications afterwards. You're an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!