Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The difference between seeing and feeling a difference.

Since I started my weight loss journey, I have lost 4 stone. However, it might sound odd but, I don't physically feel any different or see that I look any different when I look in the mirror. I can obviously see a difference in photos and when I'm exercising, I can go for longer but as a whole, when I look at myself on a day to day basis, I can't see that much has changed. I still feel as big as I did when I was 4 stone heavier.

My main worry is that I'll eventually go too far and I won't be able to see it. Any tips?

Replies

• kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    The mirror will always be the enemy! That is my fear as well, that I will never be satisfied with how I look and then just go too far... I keep reminding myself that I will probably always see that fat girl in the mirror. Don't judge by that.. for awhile, maybe keep your "fat" clothes out so you can see that they are now too big for you... measure yourself... take any compliments you'll get.. Just know you are getting healthier! When you hit your goal, take a picture and keep a "before and after" one in your mirror and/or near your clothes so you can see that you did lose the weight!!

You are doing a great job! Keep it up!! :D
  • londontart
    londontart Posts: 27 Member
    I understand exactly what you mean! No matter how many times someone says I've lost weight and I check the mirror it's like i don't believe Im getting anywhere!!! But we all are, it might just take us a bit longer to believe it. Measurements are a really good way to notice the difference! I also focus more on how my clothes are looking and fitting better. But keep it up and enjoy feeling the difference above everything!! :)
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    How you feel FAR outweighs what the scale is telling you! I haven't weighed myself in two weeks but I know I've lost inches because my clothes fit better and I have more energy. Screw the scale! :flowerforyou: